Search for content in message boards

Edwin L Hanke marriage

Edwin L Hanke marriage

Posted: 5 Jul 2011 2:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for marriage info of Edwin who was born 27 May 1923 ID. Not sure of date but probably 1943-48 Bannock.

Re: Edwin L Hanke marriage

Posted: 10 Jul 2011 12:03AM GMT
Nothing available in various database systems, Idaho and Oregon are "closed" to genealogy help. I don't know if you're family or not, below might help get the information:

Edwin was a WWII veteran, enlisting 1 April 1941, service date: 2 May 1940, no date of discharge. His military personnel records might identify a spouse. He died 20 Mar 2001, buried in the Eagle Point National Cemetery, Eagle Point, OR. The cemetery might have records on him, but it doesn't sound likely it will identify a date of marriage.

I did find the obit for his father, but it only identifies Edwin and a sister (Mrs Alice Frank of McMinnville, OR, wife Angie Frost, and having grandchildren. Another article identifies on July 19, 1959, Edwin L. Hanke, recuperating from eye surgery, his twin daughters traveled her to be with him...Mrs LeGrande (Naida) Benson, Portland, OR; and Mrs. Saida Alice Peterson, McMinnville, OR.

Edwin Hanke, born 27 May 1923, had lived at 3652 Williams Hwy, Grants Pass, OR, at some point between 1950 and 1993. Also having lived there during that time period was a Gary Fugit (No birthdate); and, a Peggy Freel, born 16 Aug 1930.

Posted: 3 Feb 2014 12:54AM GMT
The information about the people that lived in Grants Pass, OR are my cousin, Gary, our Aunt Peggy. My Aunt Wanda lived there I believe for a short time & my Grandpa & Grandma Richardson. If Edwin Hanke was married to Wanda Richardson Hanke, We called him Uncle Hank he was an electrician.

Posted: 3 Feb 2014 3:08AM GMT
The Edwin Hanke marriage that I am still looking for was to Cleo V Johnson. Cleo was referenced in 1950 as living 816 North Garfield,Pocatello. She remarried 17 Feb 1959 Pocatello to Edmund Zentkowski. I believe that Edwin is Edwin Lionel Hanke who died 2001 Lucerne California.
Does this ring any bells?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions