Search for content in message boards

Miss Viola Pierce, Stafford, Michigan, circa 1900

Miss Viola Pierce, Stafford, Michigan, circa 1900

Posted: 24 Oct 2004 2:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Mar 2006 10:07PM GMT
I have an old photograph of a woman taken in Pittsford, Michigan. On the back is written "Miss Viola Pierce, Stafford, Mich." This was taken at the Ben Turner studio.

Re: Miss Viola Pierce, Stafford, Michigan, circa 1900

M.W.H. (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2004 2:51PM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2004 9:16AM GMT
Surnames: Pierce
My grandmother's name was Laura Viola Pierce D. 1973 but she was born in Bastrop County Texas, and lived her life in Texas. I know of no connection with Michigan. Her father and mother were from Mississippi. The name Viola is unusual. It could be part of the family that went north from Tennessee or Mississippi. If you could scan the picture and send it to me at Brkwork@AOL.com I can see if there is a resemblance.

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 3:40AM GMT
I have a Viola Pierce b. 2/26/1850 born in Ohio but moved with her family to Michigan as a toddler. She married Henry Harrison Boswell 10/4/1879 in Manistee, Michigan.

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 11:44AM GMT
This would be more likely the viola in photo rather than the previous posting from Tx. I thought I had a Boswell photo. I have to look for it. I can be reached at aaholmes@comcast.net.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions