Search for content in message boards

Martin Concannon and Mary Donohue or Donahue

Martin Concannon and Mary Donohue or Donahue

Posted: 2 Nov 2012 9:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Martin was born about 1847 Dunmae, Galway, Ireland and died Jun1927 Leigh, Lancashire, England.
Mary was born about 1849 Galway, Ireland-haven't found her death info yet.
I found 5 children for them; 1911 census stated they had 10 chldren and 5 living.
Judy 1865 Tuam, Galway, Ireland
Catherine abt 1874 Eng-1942 New York
Ellen abt 1881 Eng
Patrick 1882 Eng-1955 Michigan
Esther Ann 1887 Eng
If anyone is connected or has any info to share, please contact me.
Thanx

Re: Martin Concannon and Mary Donohue or Donahue

Posted: 8 Dec 2012 7:11AM GMT
In 1856 Galway the Griffith Valuation took place.

At this time there were Martin Concannon's in the following
Parish's. Addergoole, Kilbennan, 2 x Kilcummin, Killosolan, Moylough, Bekan, Drum x 2, Kilcolman, none with a townland
called Dunmae nor is it recognized in placenames at that time.

350 Donohoe's in Galway, in many parish's and townlands neither has the name Dunmae.

I will look into this tomorrow and get back to you.

Annette Code

Posted: 15 Dec 2012 9:28PM GMT
Surnames: Concannon
Hi, that may be Dunmore, Co Galway. There are many many Concannons's in Dunmore, who are my relatives.

I have a Martin Concannon - no information on him at all, except that he had a brother Michael, b 1850 d 1900. He was my great grandfather.

I will investigate if this is your link.

Chris

Posted: 15 Dec 2012 10:12PM GMT
Dunmae was taken from the 1911 England census, and we all know the census takers wrote what they thought they heard and spelled it as they thought it should be spelled.
I don't have any family for the Martin Concannon in my file.
Where did your Concannon family live in the USA? In "my" Martin family connection I have one that ended up in New York and my connection ended up in Detroit, Wayne Co, Michigan.
Nannette

Posted: 15 Dec 2012 11:31PM GMT
Hi Nanette.
My Concannons are now in Allentown, Pennsylvania.

Margaret Murphy (Concannon) was daughter of Thomas Concannon, brother to my great grandfather. Margaret b 1878 in Carrownagur, Dunmore Co Galway, and moved to the US - not sure when or where to exactly.

Her descendants now live in Allentown, Pennsylvania.

Chris

Posted: 15 Dec 2012 11:34PM GMT
Also do bear in mind that in 1847 & 1849 the Great Famine was in its fullness of death and destruction, misery and emigration. Parish baptismal records for Dunmore parish are very comprehensive from 1833 to late 1845.

Posted: 16 Dec 2012 12:37AM GMT
Thanx for letting me know Chris. Maybe we will find a connection somewhere along the line. I have discovered that there are two Martin Concannon's born about 1847 Ireland both married to a Mary. One is Mary Donohoe, the other Mary Dunoon(or close to that).
Nannette
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions