Search for content in message boards

Liberty vital records

Liberty vital records

Posted: 25 Oct 2007 4:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bryant, Hamilton, Balcus
I saw an old post (2000) by Isabel Morse Maresh that she had copies of the vital records from Liberty, ME. An email to her bounced back. Does anyone know how to contact her or is there anyone else who could search those records?

My Bryant and Hamilton families resided in Palermo and then Enfield in Penobscot Co. I am curious if they may have lived in Liberty prior to Palermo. David Bryant and Beddy Balcus, first generation to live in Enfield named one of their sons Liberty. It probably doesn't mean anything but in genealogy we should leave no stone unturned. I would be curious to know if there are any Hamilton, Bryant or Balcus families there.

Thanks,
Susan

Re: Liberty vital records

Posted: 16 Nov 2007 12:01PM GMT
I have been looking for this book to purchase and have not found one yet, however they do have one at the State Lib and I will be going over there to look up some of my family. If you'd like to send me the names of who you are looking for, I would glad to look. Cheryl

Posted: 16 Nov 2007 2:34PM GMT
I would be interested in Bryant, Hamilton and maybe Balkus. Thanks so much

Susan

Posted: 18 Nov 2007 2:27AM GMT
I did go to the Lib today and there are a number of Bryant's and Hamiltons listed. I got some information, but ran out of time. The Lib has changed it's hours. It would be helpful if you told me who you were looking for as there are about 25 Hamiltons with several entries, so if you could give me a person to start. Some seemed to come from Montville as well. My email is cswift14482@roadrunner.com
Once I get what I have typed I'll send it to you.

Posted: 8 Jun 2011 2:26PM GMT
are you still here? I am just finally getting through reading all the boards and found this post...
Chessell Abigail Bryant is my great grandmother - her parents Chester and Sarah (simmons) all of S Montville...

Posted: 10 Aug 2011 11:09PM GMT
I don't know if anyone else is here, but I am. And I just found your post. I am looking for people in Liberty, Maine. In one of the previous posts there is mention of a book at the State Library. Do you know what they are talking about?
I am going to Maine in October, and have a few days for research, mostly in Liberty.
Thanks
Susan Evans

Posted: 10 Aug 2011 11:47PM GMT
who are you looking for in Liberty?

Are you looking for records or are you heading to places like a cemetery? I have not found the Vital Records of Liberty anywhere online....

Liberty/S. Montville is where my family is from [my grandfather was born there] I have a great Aunt and cousins still there. I think I have all the records I had looked for [from here on Ancestry and from family sources]

Maybe I have some info on someone you are looking for...

Posted: 11 Aug 2011 5:19PM GMT
I am looking for information on Gilbert Willis Haskell and Susan Pottle, as they moved to San Francisco. I have quite a bit of information - well, basic stuff. But my information on his parents is very scrambled.
Gilbert Willis Haskell's (1830-1897) father was Joel Haskell (1797-1852).
Susan Amelia Pottle's (1836-1919) father was Andrew Derby Pottle (1810-1894). Everyone was born in Maine.

There is one mistake on the www.haskellfamilyhistory.com website. I don't know how to change that, actually I haven't tried very hard yet, but I'd like to verify all my dates and places, and of course, visit some cemeteries. I have never been to Maine, so any advise you can give me would be appreciated.
Thanks Susan Evans

Posted: 13 Aug 2011 4:59AM GMT
Surnames: Montville, Liberty
Anyone looking for the Vital Records of Liberty, Maine should contact Picton Press. Just click on http://www.pictonpress.com/ and enter Liberty in the little search box. It will direct you to three entries. The 1st is the out of print book that Isabel compiled and the last is a copy of the actual town records. Please note, the actual records are copies of the microfilmed records. In some places they be hard to read and they are NOT indexed. If you wish some Montville look ups, please let me know at tombstone.tom@frontier.com.
Last but not least, you will find Isabel's e-mail address on the 1st page of my web site. http://www.waldo.megenweb.org/
Enjoy your hunting.
Tom

Posted: 13 Oct 2012 3:41PM GMT
Surnames: Liberty, Maine Vital Records
This is Isabel Morse Maresh. My email address is mareshme@fairpoint.net. In reading the prior posts, you are all on the right track in your research, and I welcome the fact that you're helping one another. I do not have time to do much personal research. This a.m., I found that the book that I put together, Vital Records of Liberty, Maine, published by Picton Press, is listed on some online sites. You could also contact Picton Press at the site listed in the previous posts. God bless, Isabel
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions