Booker Family Bibles

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 4:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Booker
This post was deleted by the author on 18 Jul 2013 6:24PM GMT

Re: Booker Family Bibles

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 9:44PM GMT
I am interested in the Booker Family Bibles you have. If they are still available, please let me know...
Debbie LaGrone
dlcatw@aol.com

thank you

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 9:47PM GMT
I was so excited...I forgot to say Thank YOU!
Debbie LaGrone

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 11:19PM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 18 Jul 2013 6:28PM GMT

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 4:39AM GMT
Walter...
So thankful to hear back from you and that you still have the Bibles. There is no offense in your request. I can promise you that they will not be sold. Everything I have been able to gather regarding the Booker family is precious to me....My Dad died at 91 and his mother's maiden name was Lucy Booker....I was a late in life child so I never knew my grandparents on either side. They say a lady never tells her age, but I will be 63 this year and I've been working on the family tree for years...It is very dear and special to me....Bibles are hard come by that is for sure....They will be safe with me. We have traced our family south from Maine to East Texas just prior to the Civil war....I hope the Bibles can shed more light on our family...Please let me know the shipping and I'll gladly reimburse you..
Debbie LaGrone

Please e-mail me at dlcatw@aol.com and I'll send you my mailing address.
Thank You SO much!

Posted: 26 Jan 2013 2:21PM GMT
Walter,
I am a descendant of Richard Booker of VA through both of his wives. Would love to get copies of these Bible records.
Cindy Henslee Stamps

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 2:20AM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 18 Jul 2013 6:27PM GMT

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 1:34PM GMT
Surnames: Booker, Stokes, Clough
I'm also interested in the information in your Booker family bible. However, I'm not sure this is my family. I have an Edmund Booker, b. 1763, d. 22 Jan 1758. He was married to Jane Stokes, and they had a daughter, Ann Booker, who married Richard Clough. Would it be possible for you to transcribe the family pages and post them here? Thank you for your help.

Posted: 8 Mar 2013 3:35AM GMT
Hi Walter...

My Husband's Mother's maiden name is Ruth Roberta Booker, her dad's name was Ulysses Grant "Poss" Booker. Her mother's name was Mary Ellen Booker. They were from Bulls Gap, TN.

Would be interested if you still have these Bibles. If not, if you would advise who you gave them to and maybe we can have them check the listings to see if any of these folks are listed.

Thank you for your time.

Posted: 14 Jul 2013 1:43AM GMT
Walter, I'm a little disappointed cause I don't see it was done, but I'm really sure that there are many other of us Booker Descendants who would really appreciate a scan of the bible's entries, and their front page (print date showing etc) . That way so MANY Booker descendants would benefit. If you still have them, is that possible? If not, who did you send them to, and what is their email? I would like to contact the holder and request scans.

Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions