Search for content in message boards

Loring Family Bible

Loring Family Bible

Susan Kiley (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2001 1:47PM GMT
I just returned from a resale shop in Lakewood, Ohio where I saw a large family Bible. There were at least four pages of data on members of the Loring family. Two pages specifically listed births and deaths going back to the mid 1700's.

The more recent entries were not Lorings but members with the surname of Davis.

I do not know any of these people but because of my interest in genealogy and my own search I thought someone might be interested.

The store where I saw this is called "The Empty Nest" and is located on Detroit Road in Lakewood, Ohio. She is closed on Mondays but her phone number is 216-221-5050.

I was there looking at tables and just happened to notice this Bible sitting on one of the tables.

Thought someone might be interested, so I posted this.

Sorry I did not copy down some of the names, but if you would like to write back to my e-mail I might be able to go up there and look at it again. No charge.

Loring Bible

Posted: 16 May 2001 6:41PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 6:35PM GMT
Dear Susan,
I would be interested in the names of the Loring family Bible if there are any of the following Bensons in it. Nellie Crandon Benson, Mary Ann Loring, David Haws L. or John L. If so I may be interested in buying it. Thanks, Kenneth Loring Raymond.

Re: Loring Bible

anita (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 2002 9:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Ken

I have been looking for info on my Loring tree. My father was Linwood Loring his Father was Melvin Loring.
If these names are famillar please let me know..

Anita Loring
Oxford Maine

Posted: 8 Nov 2002 3:56PM GMT
Dear Anita,
My connection to the Loring family is through my paternal grandmother. She is Mary Ann Loring who married a Benson in Middleboro MA. According to my study, which is not well documented, my ancestry goes back to John Loring b1632 in the Plymouth MA area. His descendents, leading to my family, all lived withing a 40 mile area. Other towns that show up are Plympton, Middleboro, and Barnstable. I do not have any Linwood or Melvin, hoiwever. Sorry that I can not help. Best of luck and regards, Ken

Posted: 12 Dec 2002 2:28AM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2003 6:33AM GMT
Ken, I am looking for any connection between the Loring(surname) and my given name. My grandparents are from MA and I was given Loring as my first name. Named after my Uncle Fredrick Loring Sampson who died at a young age of Burst Appendex. I have been unable to research my maternal grandmothers side, but I'm hoping for some kind of connection with the middle being someone's last name handed down. Let me know if you find anything. Grandfather: Fredrick Lewis Sampson, My grandmother Thesda Vine
Loring

Ken Raymond (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 2002 4:54AM GMT
Hi Loring,
I was called by my middle name (Loring) by my parents when young. My father had an uncle with a first name of Loring after his mother's maiden name. That's where my father and I got the name also as I am a Jr. Well, in any event I can't help you with personal knowledge but I have a connection that has many Sampsons in his ancestry and I will ask him if he knows anything that may help you. If you do not hear further from me then I have found nothing. Lots of luck on your search. KR

Posted: 12 Dec 2002 6:15AM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2003 6:33AM GMT
Ken, Thank you for your help, You can give my e-mail address to your friend if you would like. Thanks
Loring

Re: Loring Family Bible

Posted: 14 Nov 2004 2:46AM GMT
Edited: 5 Oct 2005 3:29PM GMT
I have a Loing ancestor who had a daughter, Ann Loring Davis. Ann's father was John Loring. He was born about 1786. We do know John lived in Butler, Ohio and Quincy, Illinois.

Posted: 3 Dec 2009 11:57PM GMT
Surnames: Loring
Have you ever found a family for the Loring Bible? My Loring famly is from Ohio - Middletown, Butler County, Ohio. I notice on the map that Lakewood, Ohio and Butler Co. are only about 3 hours apart. I would be interested in some of the names found in the bible.

Joan Wipff Glasgow

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 11:07PM GMT
Surnames: Loring
I am a direct descendant of John Loring and Anna Davis. I would be very interested in any info from that Bible.

B. Loring/Wyoming
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions