Search for content in message boards

Ballysheehan Graveyard

Ballysheehan Graveyard

Posted: 2 Jun 2012 1:35PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Maher Meagher
Can anybody tell me *exactly* where Ballysheehan Graveyard is? I know that it is near Burncourt, but I haven't been able to pinpoint the exact location of the cemetery on a map.

Also, does anybody have a transcription of the gravestones from this cemetery? I know that one was published in some journal, but I don't have access to it. I'm interested in knowing what is inscribed on the gravestones of anybody named Maher/Meagher.

Thanks very much.

Re: Ballysheehan Graveyard

Posted: 3 Jun 2012 1:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have some of the Meagher/Maher transcriptions from Ballysheehan graveyard. If you let me have your e-mail will send them on. Don't want to post here as could be in breach of copyright.
annclare

Posted: 3 Jun 2012 1:57PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Maher Meagher
Thanks Annclare, I would be very interested in seeing those transcriptions! If you click on my name in my post above, and then click on "Contact," you should be able to send me a private message with the info. I'll gladly provide my e-mail address to you there, if there's not enough space for you to enter the transcriptions.

Posted: 10 Aug 2013 9:06AM GMT
I think that the Ballysheehan Graveyard referred to by you may be Located north of Cashel, co tipperary

Posted: 11 Aug 2013 10:39PM GMT
Have you had a look on www.irelandxo.com. It lists Ballysheehan and there are A LOT of Mahers mentioned

Good luck xx

Posted: 12 Aug 2013 6:19AM GMT
Thank you. There are two Ballysheehan graveyards in Tipperary. One near Burncourt and the other north of Cashel. The Ballysheehan near Cashel has a lot of Maher/Meagher headstones

Posted: 31 Aug 2013 2:01PM GMT
Thanks for the replies, pc_maher and pav728. I did end up finding my Ballysheehan Graveyard a while back (it's the one near Burncourt). I went to Google Maps' street-level view and virtually "drove" all around the roads of the vicinity until I stumbled upon the entrance to the cemetery.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions