Search for content in message boards

ELISABETH THORN-TOM WARD, 1871

ELISABETH THORN-TOM WARD, 1871

Gayla (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: THORN, WARD
Was Thorn Hill in Grainger county named for the Thorn family?

My great-great grandmother was Elisabeth Thorn. She married TOM WARD in 1871. Their children were LEE, VINNY, WALLACE, JEFFERSON, ZUE BROWN, STEVE STEPP PRESTON, THOMAS BENTON, twins: ELMER AND MALCOM and SAFFOLD WARD.

After the Civil War they moved to Texas. Steve was married in Guadalupe County in 1897.

I would really love to hear from any of their descendants.

Re: ELISABETH THORN-TOM WARD, 1871

Posted: 20 Feb 2002 5:02PM GMT
By any chance, do you know who the parents of Tom Ward were? The name Thomas Benton Ward is an old family name from the late 1700s. We may have a connection. Thanks, Yvette

Gayla Field (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2002 10:18PM GMT
Surnames: Ward. Thorne. Reed
This Ward family came to Rutherford County Tennessee around 1805 from Dobbs County, North Carolina.
Ezekial Sr.
Ezekial Jr.
Thomas Salter Sr.
married Harriet Caroline Reed, 1824 in Rutherford County
Thomas Salter Jr.
married Elizabeth Thorne in Rutherford County.
Do these names connect with your Thomas Benton?

Kirby Ward (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2003 2:23PM GMT
Dobbs County, N. C. I have seen the name Ezekiel Ward among others in the Wayne Co., Dobbs Co. area in the late
1700's/early 1800's. I have a Benjamin Ward married to a Nancy in this same time frame, born about 1795. I know nothing about him or her, but wondered if your Ward had any
brothers or sisters that you know of in the area. There are several families of Wards in the early 1800s in the Seven Springs area of Wayne Co. which is next to present day Lenoir Co.(was once Dobbs) the two areas are about 5 miles at best from each other. Any help?

Kirby Ward (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2003 2:26PM GMT
Benton is also a Wayne Co./Dobbs Co. name and in the mid
1800s married into the Ward family. Earliest I know of is a Richard Benton in the mid 1825 to 1850 range.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions