Search for content in message boards

James Jackson Jeffries

James Jackson Jeffries

Posted: 15 Feb 2007 8:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jeffries
I am looking for anyone researching Jim Jeffries(the fighter). My greatgrandfather was one of his 1st cousins. Looking for any of the Jeffries family who might still be in Ohio, possibly the Fairfield area. Anyone related to Jerome & Lydia Jeffries. Hope to fill in some blanks and will be glad to share information
Thanks

Re: James Jackson Jeffries

Posted: 14 Feb 2008 6:20PM GMT
my grandma had a visit from jeffries in the 1940s as he was a cousin of hers have not worked out how yet. maybe you can help her name is elizabeth hills born in durham 1901 thank-you

Posted: 15 Feb 2008 3:05AM GMT
I do not have Elizabeth Hills listed as a 1st cousin of James(fighter). Was she born in Ohio? Who were her parents?

Posted: 15 Feb 2008 5:50PM GMT
sorry have not worked out the connection yet just going on wot my dad says fathers name robert hills 1873 durham uk.seems like one of my great grandparents went to us and got married to a american lady and i think that is the line to jeffries

Posted: 22 Feb 2008 2:49AM GMT
Edited: 16 Sep 2012 11:22PM GMT
Janet,
Our family is connected with the boxer Jeffries too.
I haven't been able to connect him totally with his family.
My husband's gt. grandmother is the connection as she was a Jeffries. His grandfather said we are related to him, but we never found out how. Would love to hear from you.
Connie Giles
johnconnie3@frontier.com

Posted: 26 Jun 2008 1:44AM GMT
My grandmother, Cynthia Jeffries, was a cousin of Jim Jeffries, an aunt told me years ago. In searching for my grandmother, lost to burned 1890 census and local records, I am looking for the uncles of Jeffries, particularly one that moved to Arkansas.

Posted: 28 Jun 2008 2:17AM GMT
Surnames: Jeffries
The uncles of James Jackson Jeffries(1875-1953)were Jerome, Alonzo,Lucius, Dallas and Legrand. As far as my research has shown, none of his uncles left Ohio to live in Arkansas.

Posted: 16 Oct 2008 2:47PM GMT
Edited: 16 Sep 2012 11:20PM GMT
Just seen your posting on uncles of James Jeffries. Do you have anything on a Hedgeman Jeffries. I am trying to find someone in this family. James is suppose to be relative.
My husbands family were in the Fairfield County area. At one time they lived in Iowa too. Hope to hear from you.
Connie
johnconnie3@frontier.com

Posted: 1 Jan 2009 8:06PM GMT
I'm related to Jim jeffries the fighter, but his cousin or possible brother is Patrick joseph jeffries born 1870 birmingham england went to South Africa as young boy(Natal) married Natalia Emmerson Mason Moved to canada at turn of century.
Had 6 children. Patrick died ww1. Patrick Joseph is my gg grandfather. My great aunts told me when I was young we were related to the Boxer but I never really payed attention. So now that I am working on my family tree all the people who would have been able to answer all my questions are dead. If you have anything to add send to
artschool@mts.net

Posted: 1 Jan 2009 10:39PM GMT
Jim Jeffries the fighter was born in Ohio, as were his brothers and sisters. No one in his family was born in England or went to South Africa. His family moved to CA. when he was young and his siblings lived in CA. Lots of people have been told they are related to Jim Jeffries. There are many, many lines of Jeffries out there. If you would like more information on Jim's family lines, cousins etc. , I will be glad to give you the information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions