Search for content in message boards

Lafayette Church - directions?

Lafayette Church - directions?

Reta Young (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2006 5:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 May 2006 5:09AM GMT
Surnames: Lafayette Church - directions?
Could some kind soul give me directions to the Lafayette Church & Cemetery in Hopkins Co. Ky., starting point from Dawson Springs?

Re: Lafayette Church - directions?

Phillip R. Brown (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2006 10:17PM GMT
Reta, As you may have heard, the church was burned Saturday morning by an arsonist that they have in custody. I will e-mail directions to you. Phil

Reta Young (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2006 10:24PM GMT
Edited: 22 May 2006 5:10AM GMT
Surnames: Re: Lafayette Church - directions?
Phil,
Received the directions just fine. Thank You

I heard about the Church late last night - said it was thought to be arson. Such a sad, sad thing ! I'm glad to hear they have a suspect.
Only wish I had a picture of it.

Thanks again Phil,
Reta

J. D. Hankins (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 2006 6:31PM GMT
Hi Reta,
You can find a picture of the church as it looked before the fire on the Hopkins County folklore page and the article titled " Graveyard Cleanin' Off and Dinner on the ground". I am also saddened with the loss of the church, all of my dads family are buried in the cemetary.
Question, my great grandmother was Sarah Young who married John Henry Williams (both are buried there) is she part of your Young family?
Best Regards J. D.

Reta Young (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 2006 7:29PM GMT
Surnames: Re: Lafayette Church - directions?
Hi J.D.,
Thanks for the help. I now have it saved in my files.

As for your Sarah Young... I can't find a connection. I have 2 Sarah's with no husband listed for them... BUT - I have around 50 Hankins listed in my data if you would care to see if we have a connection with them.

A lot of my Howton's are at Lafayette & I plan on visiting the cemetery while I'm there in Sept.
Thanks again,
Reta

Charlet Weaver (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2006 1:27AM GMT
I was wondering the date of the picture of the church cleanin and dinner and the paper?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions