Ancestry

Search for content in message boards

John Lloyd Mclaughlin/Leiber

John Lloyd Mclaughlin/Leiber

Posted: 8 Apr 2013 7:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mclaughlin - Leiber
Am seeking info., re Elfriede Leiber. Born 14th August 1920, Lower Saxony, possibly Osnabruck.
Found her way to England between 1920 and 1951. Worked as a nurse at Elizabeth Garret Anderson Hospital, London until 1952 (?). Emigrated to Canada on 16th Sept., 1959 sailing on SS Saxonia docking in Montreal. Married a John Lloyd Mclaughlin who died 29 Jun 1979 in New Westminster, British Columbia.
Any info would be helpful. EGAH refuse to divulge any info due to privacy laws.

Re: John Lloyd Mclaughlin/Leiber McLAUGHLIN, LEIBER,Elfriede

Posted: 8 Apr 2013 9:28PM GMT
Surnames: McLAUGHLIN, LEIBER

John Lloyd Mclaughlin Age:67 Event:Death
Place New Westminster
Date:1979 6 29 (Yr/Mo/Day)
Reg. Number:1979-09-010678
Microfilm #:B13596 (GSU # 2051231)

Filmed REGISTRATION of DEATH Can be viewed online at
Royal BC Museum & Archive site
http://search-collections.royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/Genealogy/Adva...

The registration states death at Royal Columbian Hospital in New West - The Actual residence was in West Vancouver.
It is possible that Elfriede McLAUGHLIN nee LEIBER - married again?
John Lloyd McLAUGHLIN appears to have been married previously
in 1933 in New Westminster BC

Obituary may help with names and locations of other family members at the time.

Cheers, Stella

Re: John Lloyd Mclaughlin/Leiber

Posted: 9 Apr 2013 1:11AM GMT
I am now leaving for the New West Library and see if I can find a obit in the local New West Paper. If I find one, I will upload it for you.

Mike

Re: John Lloyd Mclaughlin/Leiber McLAUGHLIN, LEIBER,Elfriede

Posted: 9 Apr 2013 10:01AM GMT
Surnames: John Lloyd Mclaughlin/Leiber McLAUGHLIN, LEIBER,Elfriede
Thank you so much for the information. I don't know if Elfriede married again as she would have been 59 at the time of Johns death and he was her first husband. I feel this woman - my adopted sister's mother - is like a wilo-the- wisp. I think I have found a piece of info & them woosh she's gone. I wonder if she and John had any children which would give my sister half-siblings.
I feel I need to stress that family meetings, reunions, are not the purpose of my quest. I want to give my sister her background as a gift. We are both adopted and when you are adopted you feel like a rootless tree. Just planted somewhere with no roots to hold you in place.
Thank you for the time you have spent.
Time is the most valuable thing you can give someone as it can never be recaptured.
Feona King
per page

Find a board about a specific topic