Search for content in message boards

Galway Birth records

Galway Birth records

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 3:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Is there online access for Galway birth records for around 1925 please?

Re: Galway Birth records

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 1:57AM GMT
Surnames: Fitzpatrick
I am also looking for any records for Galway births on my Grt Grandfather John Fitzpatrick abt:1859, he had at least 1 sister Mary Fitzpatrick (m John Quinn) his father was Thomas. I was told by someone Ballinisloe County Galway but I cannot connect any dates with this Fitzpatrick clan.
So If anyone has info for 1800's birth, death etc I also could use guidance.
Thanks, Suz Fitzpatrick-Amrhein
amrhein31@yahoo.com

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 4:25AM GMT
Suz

have you tried using the IFHF website=www.rootsireland.ie ?
i entered your John, 1859, + Galway. came back with 1 possibility

then i entered Mary + John Quinn-no year or location-then reversed it-john + mary-no additional information. got 2 possibilities-same 2 for each entry.
year 1891-Co Down.

this site charges to see the copies-but i just found 10 records for my mother's family. i think it was worth the price. (not too expensive)

if you think these might be your family-maybe you should have a look. good luck.

callie

Re: Galway *sry maybe Kilkenny* Birth records

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 5:22AM GMT
Surnames: Fitzpatrick
Callie,

I might be mistaken...John may have been born in Coolehill County Kilkenny. My sincere apology. Now I am not sure which is him. :-( UUUGGGHH! Thanks for your help I will look at the one you gave me. And check out your recommended website.

Suz Fitzpatrick-Amrhein

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 7:52AM GMT
Surnames: HARDY; O'HARA
I too have been trying for nearly 30 years to find a marriage between my 4x great-grandparents John HARDY & Kathleen (or Katie?) O'HARA in Galway. I have specifically tried for the counties Mayo and Sligo, because I have heard that her O'HARA family may have come from one of those places. Kathleen lived & died in Lougrea, Galway. I have also tried many sources, because I started up an online tree on Ancestry.co.uk (I am a paying member there)for ALL people named O'HARA from that area, hoping I might find her details (birth, parents, etc) - but without success. However, by doing this, I HAVE discovered some O'HARA branches (with their descendants) who did live in those areas, so I keep hoping someone may know of my Kathleen, and get in touch with me. Her husband John HARDY was supposed to have come from Dorsetshire in England - no trace of him yet, either. They would have married in about 1805 (+ or - 5 years), because their 3 sons were born bet. 1800-1810.

Hope someone can come up with some bright ideas, please?

Bev.

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 9:41PM GMT
Bev

i used free searches again, on http://ifhf.rootsireland.ie. i came up with the following-using only surnames together-no given names, no year or location.

O'hara, Teresa Hardy, Thomas 1879 Co. Antrim

Hardy, Mary O'Hara, Jas. 1809 Co. Galway

on the https://www.findmypast.ie website-entering the name john hardy-1770 to 1800, UK, Dorsetshire-i found the following:

John Hardy
Army List 1798

Collections from Regiment
United Kingdom Thirty-Fifth (Or
Year The Dorsetshire)
1798 Regiment Of Foot

i don't know if any of this helps. continued good luck with your search.
cal

Posted: 12 Apr 2013 1:11PM GMT
Surnames: Fitzpatrick Flynn Quinn
Update: I have in fact confirmed my Fitzpatrick clan came from Ballinasloe, County Galway.
Parents:
Thomas-b apx 1838 moved to Manchester, Eng
Winifred-b apx 1838 moved to Manchester, Eng
Children:
-John 12Apr1858 *my grt grandfather moved to Pgh., PA USA then back to Manchester, Eng, then with Eliz my grtgrdma and their son John my grandfather in 1907...eliz died giving birth to a girl Dec 1911, my grandfather was placed in an orphanage with his newborn sister possible named Elizabeth.
-Maryanne 4Jun1859 (m: JOHN QUINN)moved to Pgh., PA USA
-James apx 1861 moved to Manchester, Eng
-Margaret 19Oct1862 moved to Manchester, Eng
-Winifred 29Mar1865 moved to Manchester, Eng
-Joseph 21May67 ?
-Thomas 15Feb70 die poss 1872
-Elizabeth 17Jul72 died poss 17July72
-Thomas Henry 29Sept1874 moved to Manchester, Eng

There was a post in 2003 from a Terry Fitzpatrick who was a direct relatative to Thomas Henry...sadly he is no longer connected to ancestry.com :-(
Suz Fitzpatrick-Amrhein Pgh., PA USA
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions