Search for content in message boards

David Bacci Picture

David Bacci Picture

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 1:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello to All,
Although I am not researching the Bacci family, I came across the attached picture of my father (John Swartz - 2nd from the right) taken with some of his fellow soldiers at a hotel in Switzerland in January, 1946.
The first person on the left is listed as David J. Bacci, and it says he was from Somerville, Kentucky. It appears that each person wrote their own name and home, because the only entry in my father's handwriting is the date.
Just thought someone might enjoy the picture and/or be able to use it in their research.

Rick Swartz
Attachments:

Re: David Bacci Picture

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 1:57AM GMT
A correction to my previous post.

David J. Bacci's hometown is listed as Louisville, Kentucky, not Somerville, Kentucky.

Rick Swartz

Posted: 9 Oct 2012 4:31PM GMT
I was just searching the web and found your posting. I know David Bacci, he was my father-in-law, and I recognized the photo right away. I'm sure his family will be thrilled to have this. Dave passed away quite some time ago and his wife, Margaret, just died at Christmas 2011.

Thank you for taking the time to post this in Acestry.com. I've been a member for awhile and love it. Dave is actually the guy in the middle of the picture.

Peggy Bacci
Louisville, KY

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 2:22PM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2013 8:34PM GMT
Surnames: Bacci
Joseph was my grandfather, and yes he is the one in the middle. It's so amazing that I found a picture of my grandfather and so did Peggy. Thank you so much for sharing this, you have no idea how amazing this is.

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 5:15PM GMT
Thanks! That is my dad! he is, however, from louisville Ky. I have his original photo of this day framed in my home. Dad is in the center of the picture!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions