Search for content in message boards

Kennedy

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 11:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kennedy

This is a real long shot. I am looking for the family of my Grandfather Laurence/lawrence/Larry Kennedy. Larry was in the army and was born in Galway in April 1919. He has one brother I know of (through family) that may have lived in Liverpool. His father was Michael Kennedy (I have no mothers name) and may have been a postman in Galway (no area known) I have exhausted most searches and the people that could have helped sadly have now passed .....Do these names and areas have similarities to your family would love to know what happened to my Grandfather

Regards

Isabel

Re: Kennedy

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 4:27PM GMT
Hi Isabel,

The only Lawrence Kennedy born Galway in 1919 was John Laurence Kennedy listed in the civil records as being born Apr-Jun 1919 in the Tuam, County Galway records. A Michael Kennedy of Tuam was appointed postman there in 1912, http:/www.london-gazette.co.uk/issues/28586/pages/1565/page.pdf.

The 1911 Irish Census reveals two Michael Kennedy's in Tuam, one age 34 and one 25 and they lived within walking distance of one another. Most likely the 25 year old became the postman.

- John

Re: Kennedy

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 6:31PM GMT
Hi John

Thank you for the help i too had seen the record for John Laurence but was not sure but the link to Michael is a good one thank you.

Regards

Isabel
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions