Search for content in message boards

Pat V. Swan

Pat V. Swan

Posted: 27 Jul 2012 3:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Swan
Is there a way that I can obtain an obit on Pat V. Swan, she was born 15 Apr 1910 in Montgomery County, Ks and died 1981 in Pocatello, Idaho. She was called "Ruth" as a child and Swan is her maiden name. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Lynne in Oklahoma

Re: Pat V. Swan

Posted: 2 Aug 2012 2:31AM GMT
The SS Death Index shows her death in Pocatello, but another listing in the California Death Index shows the same person, same dates, but lists the death place in Sacramento?

Posted: 2 Aug 2012 8:28PM GMT
Idaho State Journal references Pat Swan, an artist. What was her married name?

Posted: 2 Aug 2012 8:41PM GMT
Swan was Pat's maiden name but I don't know if she was ever married. She had a twin sister their mother died when they were infants. Trying to find out who raised them, as they were never listed with their father in census records. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 14 Aug 2012 3:00AM GMT
I will be down to Pocatello in a few weeks and could look it up. From what I see on ancestry, there are several mentions of a local artist/sculptor in ceramics mentioned throughout articles in the 1960's named Pat Swan in Pocatello. Could be the same person. The ancestry online newspaper ends in 1977, the rest are in the ISU library.

Posted: 14 Aug 2012 12:48PM GMT
I also found those city directory listings for Pat Swan, so if you have time I would appreciate your looking for an obit, or funeral home name, cemetery. Anything that would break my brick wall.
Thank you

Posted: 2 Nov 2012 3:32AM GMT
Oh my gosh, I promised and completely spaced I was going to look this up for you. I have printed your request and put it in my car for when I go to Pocatello next week. Any idea what month she died? If not, I can scan through January to December 1981. If I see any burial info I will photograph it if it's local. Sorry about that, I was so thankful when someone helped me with a brick wall years ago.

Posted: 2 Nov 2012 1:03PM GMT
Thank you so much, I am confused though... the SSDI says that she died in Pocatello but the California Death Index says Sacramento, CA. Per California the DOD is June 5, 1981 and the SSDI just says June 1981.
Thanks again.
Lynne

Posted: 2 Nov 2012 1:22PM GMT
Surnames: Pat V. Swan and John Harrison
I just did another search for Pat V Swan and someone has posted an obit, which is what I was looking for. Very interesting, but gives the place of birth as Nebraska instead of Kansas. It says that she had a nephew, John Harrison of Pocatello...now I am interested in John. There is a SSDI for a John Harrison born 1940 died 2005.
Could you see if there is a listing for Pat being buried in Pocatello? Is there anything I can help you with?
Thank You
Lynne

Posted: 2 Nov 2012 2:15PM GMT
Just a hint about what I have discovered about the SS index: the place of death benefits is not always where the person actually died. It's the address of the person who filed after they died, like a surviving adult child. My husband's grandma died in VA, but the SS index shows Georgia because that's where the family lived at the time. Obituaries are more reliable.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic