Search for content in message boards

Williamstown Templetogher Schools

Williamstown Templetogher Schools

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 7:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Noonan, Carabine, Fallon
Hi,
I am trying to do some research on my family from Williamstown. I know that most of my ggrandfather's children had school beyond high school. Most of the girls had a convent education and I assume the boys went to some for of University. Does anyone know what the closest schools to Williamstown / Templetogher would be or how to go about finding out? Any help greatly appreciated.

Re: Williamstown Templetogher Schools

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 6:45PM GMT

Hi,

Go to www.rootsweb.com There is an active family
grouping researching Willimastown.

Nearest towns: Ballygar, Ballymoe, Glenamaddy, Castlerea

Regards

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 10:25PM GMT
I have families from Williamstown, GLENNON, CONNAUGHTON, TARMY,DONNELLY, dont know anything about the schools you are talking about but the towns listed as being nearby Ballymoe, Castlerea are small , not much bigger that Williamstown , my ancestors left there in 1880s and 90s, I was there in 1995 meet a relative and got a lot of information.What time period are you looking at

Nick

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 10:55PM GMT
Surnames: Noonan, Carabine, Fallon
Hi Nicholas,

The farthest that I know of is the 1830s (from tithe applotment books). Most of my more immediate family left in the early part of the 1900s, although there is one line that I am not sure of). I also went to visit in 1995 and did meet one man who knew my grandfather (who would have been 1995 that year) and ran across someone who knew about my family and took us to Kiltullagh graveyard to see some plots). Unfortunately, I was not as interested in my ancestry at that point (could kick myself now) and didn't take notes! I am hoping to go back in the next few years...

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 11:20PM GMT
Hi,
Do you have any sort of link to that specific rootsweb group? I have been trying to look and can't find the group...

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 11:31PM GMT
Have you looked at the 1901 census, what townland are they from Mine, Connaughton are from Carrenderry and Glennon from Pollea north. Both of my greatgrandparents , Michael Glennon and Catherine Connaughton were from Williamstown although they married in Brooklyn NY in 1994.

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 11:36PM GMT
I am looking for Noonans and Carabines from Carrenderry and a less direct Noonan line from Beagh. Do you have Glennons from Beagh? If so we might be connected in an unfortunate way.

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 11:37PM GMT
I've found them in 1901 and 1911 census, but some of the older Noonan children were gone, and I'm assuming either in school or working. Can't seem to find them..

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 11:57PM GMT
Who emmigrated? They may all have did you check Ellis Island , that late the info is usually pretty good. They tell me my Glennons are all gone from there now. They were from Pollea North. There are Glennons in Pollea South they say are not related. What that really means is they are not related in the last 2-3 generations, surely they are related somewhere. Carrenderry was not a big townland, you and I could be related there. Got any Connaughtons?

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 12:10AM GMT
Do you mind if I send you an email?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions