Search for content in message boards

Katherine Loos GILCHER obituary, 1952

Katherine Loos GILCHER obituary, 1952

Posted: 19 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 6 Jan 2003 7:28PM GMT
Surnames: GILCHER, LOOS, JONES, DISQUE, WELTER, SJAUKEN
Mrs. Gilcher, 100,

Mrs. Katherine Loss [sic; should be Loos] Gilcher, formerly of Syracuse, and wife of the late Jacob Gilcher, owner of Gilcher Hall at Lodi and Butternut sts. where German social gatherings were usually held, died yesterday [4 January 1952] at the home of her daughter, Mrs. Daniel J. Jones, Lexington, Ky. [Kentucky]

She would have celebrated her 101st birthday March 24. Mrs. Gilcher came to Syracuse when she was 18 and resided here until moving with her daughter 25 years ago. She was a member of St. John’s and St. Peter’s Lutheran Church and a charter member of Ladies Auxiliary of Leiderkranz.

Besides Mrs. Jones she is survived by another daughter, Mrs. Robert W. Disque, Lexington; a son, Julius W. Gilcher, Syracuse; five grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.

The body will arrive in Syracuse Monday and friends may call at the Welter Funeral Home, 2649 James st., from 7 to 9 p.m. Services will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday with the Rev. John E. Sjauken officiating. Burial will be in Woodlawn Cemetery. [Missing words; burial was on 8 January 1952.]

[Newspaper clipping from the Syracuse, NY Post-Standard, dated 5 January 1952, found in the indexed volumes of Syracuse, Onondaga County obituaries ("Gilcher, Katherine L., Bde volume 9, page 68") at the Onondaga Public Library, Genealogy Department, Syracuse, NY.]

Re: Katherine Loos GILCHER obituary, 1952

Posted: 29 Jul 2001 2:56AM GMT
Edited: 9 Nov 2005 8:28PM GMT
Katherine Loos GILCHER was the sister of my g grandfather, Conrad Loos. I have a good deal of LOOS information. Contact me privately.

Carl Hommel
hommel@sundial.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions