Search for content in message boards

CLAUNCH of Kentucky and Idaho

CLAUNCH of Kentucky and Idaho

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 11:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CLAUNCH LEWIS WHITIS FORESTER TODD
My wife and mother-in-law are descendants of William Henry CLAUNCH. I have been struggling to piece together the Claunch line. Please reply to this post so we can share our information and help fill in any gaps. Thank you in advance for your response!

Here is what I have established so far…

William Henry CLAUNCH and Eliza Jane LEWIS of Pulaski County, KY, had at least eight children, sons Leroy, William, Everett, Lloyd, Reuben, and Lewis; and daughters Nannie and Alice.

Lloyd CLAUNCH (b March 1890) married Nora A WHITIS (b 22 Feb 1892) and had at least five children. William (~1912) and Loretta (~1914) were born in Kentucky, then the family moved to the Pocatello, Idaho area and had Louis Hampton (~1916), Veneta J (~1918), and Lloyd Eugene (~1926).

I believe the family also has (had?) members in the Casper, Wyoming area but I haven’t been able to figure that one out yet.

Lloyd Eugene CLAUNCH is my mother-in-law’s father (and therefore my wife’s grandfather).

Re: CLAUNCH of Kentucky and Idaho

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 3:46PM GMT
Edited: 26 Oct 2012 3:47PM GMT
Surnames: Claunch
I went to school with Margalee (sp?) Claunch. I'll see if I can get an address for her. The Pocatello High class of 1963 (my class) may have contact information.

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 6:04PM GMT
Wow, thank you, that would be great. I would be very interested to know if she had any more information and if she is connected to "my" Claunch family. Thanks again for posting.

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 8:24PM GMT
Surnames: claunch
I reached the lady, she will give my contact info to MargaLee. In fact, I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 11:16PM GMT
I used to work with Kathy Claunch, who is married to Dallas Claunch.

There are a handful of Claunches in the Pocatello, American Falls, Aberdeen area. Here is a website to find Dallas. http://www.farmersagent.com/dclaunch

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 3:27PM GMT
Edited: 7 Mar 2014 7:47PM GMT
Surnames: Claunch
Her Answer:
I am a direct descendant of William Henry Claunch.  My grandfather was Lloyd Claunch; my father is his son, Louis Hampton.(deceased).
Lloyd Eugene and Veneta are my uncle and aunt.

Please feel free to pass this information along and/or share my e-mail address.

You can email me (no spaces) s day 13 @ gmail . com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions