Search for content in message boards

McGee

Posted: 20 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 May 2002 5:52PM GMT
Surnames: McGee, Knotts, Barnes, Sayre, Balwan, Beymer, Clark
Looking for descendants of James McGee and Mary Ann Knotts m 1859 in Warren Co, New Virginia. Her parents Absolom and Matilda Sayre Knotts lived later in Osceola I think. A son James Gordon married a Marie Balwan in the 1890s. they had a son Leonard and daughter Helen and another son Warren. I need information on these children-who they married etc. some of them stayed in Indianola I think but the parents went to Medicine Hat Canada, where I believe they died. There was another James McGee in Indianola aat the same time who was also born in Va in 1834 I think. I don't know if they are related or not. They were about three years apart. Any help on either of the James of any of the others would be appreciated.
Posted: 6 Aug 2004 1:20AM GMT
Edited: 20 Sep 2004 3:07PM GMT
I came across your McGee genealogy a couple of months or more ago and tried to e-mail you, but it came back to me. My great-great grandmother was Anna McGee, daughter of John C. & Mary Barnes McGee, granddaughter of John & Catherine McGee. I'd be glad to share information on her.

Re: McGee

Posted: 2 Jun 2006 1:39AM GMT
Karen,

I read your reply to Barbara reference Anna McGee. My 4th generation grandmother is Ann McGee who married John Ridgeway in Peoria, Illinois July 5, 1832.
Let me know if this is the same person please. Thank y ou.

George Ridgeway
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions