Search for content in message boards

Franz Butke

Franz Butke

Marlene Magnuson (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2001 2:45PM GMT
Surnames: Buttke, Milschewsky
Looking for information about the Butke Family. Believe that they came from the area of Strausborg. The Milschewsky family came at the same time. Mrs Butke(Berttha) was a Milschewsky. They first settled in Chicago Area where Ida the oldest daughter was born. By 1865 they had come to Carv er county , Minnesota.

Re: Franz Butke

Posted: 4 Apr 2004 1:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Mar 2005 3:34PM GMT
Surnames: Buttke, Pommering
My Buttke line came from MN. My grandfather, Amel was born in Ripon Wisconsin in 1869. His father was Edward Buttke and mother Caroline Augustine Wilhelmine Pommerering who emigrated about 1866. Is this part of your line?

Re: Franz Butke

Marlene Magnuson (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2004 6:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Mar 2005 3:33PM GMT
Surnames: Butke, Milschewsky
My Butke family came from Germany. My grandmother used to get letters from Strausburg during WW 2. As much as I know the Franz Butke family came from Germany. They lived in the Chicago area for a short time as my great Aunt Ida (the 1st child) was born there. I believe that the Milschewsky family (Bertha Butke's maiden name) lived there also and that some stayed there. The Franz Butke family settled in Hollywood township in Carver county.I have not been able to do much research on this family. Maybe you will get me started again.
Sincerely Marlene
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions