Search for content in message boards

J. Arthur GRAYDON Bible

J. Arthur GRAYDON Bible

Posted: 17 Jun 2013 5:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have located a small personal sized Bible that belongs to J. Arthur GRAYDON. There is a sticker in the back of the Bible with that name on it. There is also an address of East Cleveland, Ohio. I would like to return the Bible to the GRAYDON family or Arthur's descendants. I am NOT related to the family and I do not live in the Cleveland area. The Bible is currently located in the western New York area. Please email me if you have information on the whereabouts of Arthur's family.

Re: J. Arthur GRAYDON Bible

Posted: 5 Oct 2013 6:02AM GMT
Dear Sir:
I knew a Rev. Arthur Graydon in Cleveland OH. He was my Father's pastor in the early 1970's. My brother knew him very well, unfortunately he died two years ago. I can try to check this out with a little more information. Is this a 20th Century Bible? Anything written within that might afford more of a lead? Please get back to me and I will do my best.

Posted: 7 Oct 2013 8:56PM GMT
Surnames: GRAYDON
The Bible has a copyright date of 1962 and was published by The World Publishing Company of Cleveland, Ohio. There is an address label in the back of the Bible that gives the following information:

J. ARTHUR GRAYDON
1888 Beersford Place
East Cleveland, OH 44112
Tel. 216-761-0400

The phone number is no longer in service. It would be wonderful if you could help me find the rightful owners of this Bible. The book itself is about 3"x5" with a black cover. It contains only the New Testament.

Thank you,
Tina

Posted: 8 Jan 2014 10:50PM GMT

Hi Tina,

wow this is crazy!! J. Arthur Graydon is my wife's grandpa (my wifes mothers father). I just happen to google his name b/c I was looking for some unrelated info with regards to Bob Jones University and a grant/donation he gave the school years ago.

Anyway, I really hope you still have the bible as we would really like to see it. please call me at 404-234-4480 or e-mail me at jbrodhead@psrllc.com as I do not have an ancestry account and will not be able to see if you message me back on the website.

if you mail it back we will return the money it cost you to mail it based on your return address as well.

My name is Jake Brodhead and I live in Atlanta, GA

Thanks again.

JB

Posted: 10 Jan 2014 3:44AM GMT
Classification: Bible
Hello Tina,

I am not a member at this time, waiting for vacation. I have been contacted by the husband of Rev. Graydon's granddaughter. He has left you a message also.

I do hope you receive these messages and get in touch with them, or me. I know they would love to have his bible.

Brenda, my Dad's from Hurricane.

Posted: 12 Jan 2014 2:05PM GMT
Surnames: GRAYDON
Dear Jake, 

I was very pleased to receive your email.  I do, indeed, have Rev. Graydon's Bible still and you are the first to contact me about claiming it.  I would ask that you send me some evidence of your wife's lineage to Rev. Graydon so I can be sure I have the right family.  A descendancy chart would be great or something similar would work, also.  I am happy to mail the Bible to you at no expense as that is part of the joy of reuniting it with its rightful family. I look forward to hearing from you again soon. 

I tried to email you a reply but the email was unable to be delivered for some reason.

Posted: 15 Jan 2014 1:43PM GMT
I had difficulty emailing the man who left the message so I left a reply for him on this message board. I was finally able to send an email to the email account he gave me in his post and I believe it went through properly. I have not heard from him yet. If you are in contact with him, please have him check this message board for a reply. He does not need to have an ancestry.com account to view it. Thank you for your help in this matter.

Posted: 16 Jan 2014 7:02PM GMT
I believe it was my husband Jake who got in contact? We just got back from family vacation but he said he would send email later today. So neat that you have this and posted!

Posted: 17 Jan 2014 2:24PM GMT
Hi Tina,

I am sorry but we never got an e-mail from you. Would you please call me at 404-234-4480 or e-mail me at jbrodhead@psrllc.com

J. Arthur is James Arthur from Canada. Moved to Chicago to go to college at Moody Bible institute. Married Ethel Hennings from Ohio. They lived in Ohio for majority of years and was a pastor at New Lime.
Had 7 kids - Mary, David, James, Martha, John, Priscilla (died as infant), and Sarah Grace Irene (my wifes mom).

Thanks, Jake B
per page

Find a board about a specific topic