Search for content in message boards

Richard Johnson

Richard Johnson

Posted: 11 Oct 2011 1:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm looking for any information on Richard Johnson who live in the area of Oak Leaf (near Athens). He was born in Wells County, Wexford, Ireland and died July 30, 1859.
As well if anyone has information on Joseph Johnson (dates unknown), Elizabeth Johnson (died 1820?) and Thomas Johnson (died Jan 23, 1911).

Thanks,
M.

Re: Richard Johnson

Posted: 16 Apr 2012 12:05AM GMT
Hello,

I'm a decendent of Richard Johnson and have a fair bit of info on the family.
How are you related?
Care to swap info?

Janis

Posted: 17 Apr 2012 12:25AM GMT
Hi
I'm actually not related but found his grave marker at a cemetery that has other family members. I was curious about his life. He has a beautiful market and wonder how he came to settle in Canada and whether he had experienced the fighting in Wexford during the early 1700s.
If you had any information about him I would love to know more. I do have photographs of the cemetery if you would like them.

Megan

Posted: 17 Apr 2012 5:04PM GMT
Megan;
I tried to find the Johnson Cemetery last year. I believe its somewhere on the southern part of Black Church Rd., east side, near the Oak Leaf Rd. If you could narrow it down for me i would appreciate it. Wayne

Posted: 17 Apr 2012 10:24PM GMT
Hello,

The cemetery is on Black Church Rd. When you turn on the road from Oak Leaf you will go past a house on the right and its in the field just. The cemetery is hard to spot because it is overgrown with trees. It is back off the road in the left corner of the field. There is lane into the field where I parked and the cemetery is directly in front of it. If you drive past the second house on the right you went too far. If you drive slow enough you should be spot the tall tombstone. I hope to contact the township and see about putting up a sign and cleaning up the yard. Hope this helps and you find it.

Megan

Posted: 17 Apr 2012 10:32PM GMT
Thanks Megan, that helps a lot. Also good luck with the Township, I contacted them twice about the directions or a GPS for the Cemetery and they never got back to me. Thanks again, Wayne

Posted: 18 Apr 2012 12:48AM GMT
Hello Wayne,

Are you a descendant of the Johnsons?

Jan

Posted: 18 Apr 2012 1:04AM GMT
Surnames: Johnson / Ferris
Hello Meagan,
I would luv to see your photos. My email is hessen4@cogeco.ca
I was on Black Church Rd, two years ago, but was unable to find the site I know it is at the raise of the road and in the bush area across the field. My Grandfather was born on the farm,and my mother spend sometime on the farm in summers, and remembers how it was before they built the house there now.
Richard emigrated with his brother Peter, sister Alice, and father William, mother Jane, They first landed in Schoharie NY, along with the Greens, stayed and worked on William Ferris farm, Richard married Thomas Ferris's daughter Elizabeth.
Richard then appears in 1813 census in Leeds.
I've had y-DNA testing done on a direct male descendant, and hoping more of the Johnson/Johnstons of that area will test their male descendants. I beleive that there are two brothers to William and a other brother to Richard there in 1816 but no proof to connect them.

Cheers, Jan

Posted: 18 Apr 2012 1:18AM GMT
No relation Jan, just interested in finding the old abandoned Cemeteries in our area.

Posted: 18 Apr 2012 1:52AM GMT
Thanks for the reply Wayne, hope you find it.

Jan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions