Search for content in message boards

IRVINE'S OF IRVINESTOWN

IRVINE'S OF IRVINESTOWN

Elaine Davis (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: IRVINE, CHITTICK
Searching for William and Isabella Irvine, believed to have lived around Irvinestown in the 1840's. There is mention in Slaters Directory of 1846 of a William and Isabella Irvine, Grocers and Bakers, of Irvinestown. Their son, Gerard Irvine and his wife, Charlotte Chittick, emigrated to Australia in 1840 with numerous children and settled in the Illawarra region of New South Wales. Can anybody help with the Fermanagh connections?

Re: IRVINE'S OF IRVINESTOWN

Posted: 1 Jan 2012 12:13PM GMT
Did you find any information on William and Isabella Irvine? We are related to Sydney Irvine -Gerard Irvine's daughter who married a James William Sweaney in Gerringong,near Kiama NSW.

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 3:10PM GMT
Surnames: William and Isabella Irvine and Armstrong
William and Isabella are both in the Irvinestown cemetary list - perhaps you know this already.
See County Fermanagh NI GenWeb - go to cemetary listings, click on Tower Cemetary Irvinestown.
Saw them in my search for Armstrongs.

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 11:58AM GMT
Thanks. Had a look, and not sure if the dates match the William and Isabella there.

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 11:59PM GMT
Surnames: Irvine/Lawson/Wilson
William Irvine b abt 1835 and died 1891 in Lettermoney, Irvinestown was married to Isabella b abt 1830 and died 1920 in Lettermoney.
William was the son of Gerard Irvine b abt 1809 and married in 1832 in Tubrid Church, Drumchorich to Catherine Lawson b 1806 Drumchorich, Drumkeeran.
It is possible that the Gerard Irvine who emigrated to New South Wales in 1840 with wife Charlotte Chittick is their grandson.
Catherine Lawson was daughter of John Lawson b abt 1774 married to Elizabeth (Bessie) Wilson. Catherine's sister Mary Lawson was married to James irvine in 1827 in Tubrid Church, Drumchorich. Mary and James Irvine had 2 sons, Robert 1829 and Charles 1830 both baptised at Tubrid Church. I am descended from the Lawson family.

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 10:18AM GMT
Thanks, but my William Irvine (father of Gerard) was born abt 1771 and Gerard (who emigrated)was born about 1792. Such similar names, but cant see the family connection.

Posted: 8 Apr 2013 4:14AM GMT
Classification: Immigration
my ancestors of these same to names came to Canada
Dolores

Posted: 8 Apr 2013 4:16AM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Surnames: irvine
They may be the parents of my 2 who came to canada

Posted: 8 Apr 2013 4:18AM GMT
My Wm&Isabella came to canada Seems the names are so similar
Dolores

Posted: 8 Apr 2013 4:20AM GMT
Edited: 8 Apr 2013 4:21AM GMT
I am told that my Wm and Isabella came from Mohill south of Irvinestown I will be there when we fly over soon Dolores
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions