Search for content in message boards

Information on Birch (Burch) Ellison - MD, TN, GA, AR

Information on Birch (Burch) Ellison - MD, TN, GA, AR

Michelle (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2003 4:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ellison
I'm looking for information on Birch Ellison. Our records indicate he was born in Baltimore, MD in 1780. He married an Irish girl named Margret (Peggy) Flynn. He served in the War of 1812 in Captain Gilbert H. White's army as part of the North Carolina Militia. The 1820 census lists him in Burke County, North Carolina. The 1830 and 1840 census list Birch in Rhea County, Tennessee. Our records then indicate that the 1850 census lists him in Walker County, GA. His children are Hugh, Thomas, William, David, Rufus, John, Caroline, Rebecca and Jane. Birch owned land in Walker County, GA. And our ancestor (his son), John Jabren Ellison (born around 1823) moved from Walker County, GA to Yell County, Arkansas around 1860. I'm looking for any information on who his parents were and his time in Baltimore.

Re: Information on Birch (Burch) Ellison - MD, TN, GA, AR

Posted: 20 Mar 2005 11:25PM GMT
Surnames: Allison, Becton, May,Metz,Logan, Murrell
OUr Hugh H. Ellison married Nancy Becton in 1820 in Rutherford co., Tn. There is a Hugh H. Ellison listed in 1820 census in Mufreesboro, Tn also. Just wonder if there could be a connection to Birch or his children.

Posted: 25 Mar 2005 4:58PM GMT
Hello Mr. Chapman,

Our Hugh Ellison was Hugh W. Ellison and was born to Burch and Margaret in Nov. 1840 in Tennessee. He married an Elizabeth Synder on 21 Oct. 1863 in Yell County, Arkansas. At this point we're not sure whether there is a connection to your Hugh H. Ellison or Burch (Birch) Ellison.

Michelle

Posted: 4 Apr 2005 2:48PM GMT
Surnames: Allison, Ellison, Becton, Alexander, May, Metz,Logan,Murrell, Hope
I was excited when I saw the name Thomas Cooper because, in Hugh H. Allison's will in Gibson county,Tn in 1842, a Thomas Cooper was the administrator. Thomas and Hugh lived very near each other in the 1836 tax list and on the 1840 census in that county. Also, a Henry, and William Allison were on the same tax rolls.
Any connection to Cooper/ Allison/Ellison in your line? Hope to hear back from you. My email is changed to chapmanjs@cox.net.

Posted: 4 Feb 2006 12:47AM GMT
I am the Great, Great Granddaughter of David H. Ellison, son of Burch & Margaret. I am trying to locate Burch's family also. Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Posted: 1 Dec 2007 2:43AM GMT
Hi.My name is Sheila.I am the great-great-greatgranddaughter of Burch(Birch)Ellison.Please contact me by E-mail---glennfamily@tcworks.net Thanks.

Posted: 24 Sep 2008 4:16PM GMT
Hello

I have a Birch Ellison, born in Balitmore in 1780, served in the war of 1812. Married Irish girl, Masrgaret Flynn. Settling in Bedford County, TN. Their first son, Hugh Ellison born there. Then lived in Walker County, GA. Second son, Robert was born...........other children, Thomas, David, Rufus, John, Caroline, Rebecca, John.

Rufus is great, great grandfather of my mother.

Appears we some common ancestors!

Please respond.

Thank you,

Rick

Posted: 24 Sep 2008 4:26PM GMT
hello -

common ancestors, very possible.

My Birch Ellison, born 1780 in Baltimore. He married Margaret Flynn. Children born...William, David, Rufus, JOhn,, Caroline, Rebecca, Jane. Rufus, my mothers great, great grandfather.

I do not have parents of Birch

Hope to hear from you.

Rick

Posted: 24 Oct 2008 5:56AM GMT
Birch Ellison is my Great,Great,Great,Great Grandfather. My Great Grandmother, Margaret Allie Ellison (1878) son of John Ellison and Elizabeth Nolan Ellison. John is son of Rufus and Mary Murdock Ellison. Margaret married George Alvin Powell (1900 in Dardanelle,Arkansas)

I welcome any informtion you ae willing to share...especially any photos of the
'early" Ellison's (Birch, Rufus, John)and/or spouses

Thank you,

Rick Mayernik in Montana

Posted: 26 Oct 2008 9:33PM GMT
Hello,

We do appear to have common ancestors! My information matches yours. Birch was born in 1780 in Baltimore, MD and died 16 Aug 1856 in Hamilton Co., Tennessee. Served in the war of 1812 and married Margaret Flynn about 1817. Children are Caroline, Thomas, Robert, William, David, John, Rufus and Hugh. Info I have on Rufus: he was born in 1831 in TN and died sometime after 1880 in Arkansas. He lived in GA in between. Married to Margaret Murdock. Does that seem right?

Michelle
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions