Search for content in message boards

George Robb Sr. and Family

George Robb Sr. and Family

michael raub (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2004 2:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
I presume to be a direct descendant of George Robb Sr., born abt. 1769 in Pa, resided in Chanceford twp. and died 1855 in Chanceford Twp. I believe George Sr. had three sons and one daughter: George Jr., Adam, John and Catharine. Catharine is presumed to have married Daniel Sawmiller of Chanceford (re Chanceford anniversary book). George Jr. and Adam both married and had children. George Jr. died in Dallastown. John Robb is my great great grandfather. John Robb's name became Raub (re 1850 Windsor twp. census), and it remains Raub to this day. I am looking for more info on any of these Robbs. Note: my Robb/Raubs are not related to the descendents of Peter Raab.

Re: George Robb Sr. and Family

Posted: 18 Feb 2004 6:26PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jun 2006 9:39PM GMT
Surnames: ROBB, SHEETZ
My g-g-grandfather was George W. Robb and lived in Dallastown. He was born in 1824 and married Elizabeth Sheetz. Could this be your George Robb Jr?

Michael Raub (View posts)
Posted: 29 Feb 2004 3:16AM GMT
HI, Charles,
We communicated last fall a couple of times about the Robb families. I have a will from a George Robb that I will be emailing to you. You might find the names of the children interesting.

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 12:09PM GMT
In my tree I have a George Raab born 1765 York Co who married Maria Dunstan. George's father was Peter Raab and mother Anna Marie Dunlap. They later moved to near where I am today in New Middletown, Columbiana Co. now Mahoning Co. Ohio. My relative Susannah Raab daughter of Heinrich antoher brother to George is my connection. She married a Johannes Spitler.

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 4:40PM GMT
Would you be willing to share the will with me? I am researching the Waughtel family (all branches) and I find a Kate/Catherine Raub (aka various spellings of the surname) who had an illegitimate son with a Waughtel and am trying to prove this to be the right Kate/Catherine. I have a copy of Adam's will stating Kate/Catherine as his sister, along with another sister (Amanda I want to say). Thank you for any help you can give me. I do have Kate/Catherine's son's line down to his death.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions