Search for content in message boards

Charles William Brooks

Charles William Brooks

Frances Smith (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 1999 2:39PM GMT
Searching for any information on the Brooks family of Charles William Brroks married . one wife was Elizabeth Ehel I do not know the other wife. His Children were Garrett Fuller, Hannah,Laura, Thomas. I know Garrett was the son of Elizabeth the time frame was 1837-1890 EM me at Tarabethia@aol.com Thanks
Posted: 17 Oct 1999 6:35AM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2001 5:12AM GMT
Have you tried looking for Rousseau? I know
the Rousseau name changed to Brooks. I havent figured out how. Francis Brooks father was Joseph Rousseau. But the name got changed. Im looking for info. on George or Barthalamew Rousseau. I hope I helped you.

Brooks-Rousseau

Posted: 20 Oct 1999 3:18PM GMT
Thank you for responding to my message. I have very little information beyond the Charles William Brooks. He was my grandfather on my fathers side . Do you know the time frame that the name change was my e-mail add is Tarabethia@aol.com and was this name change in Canada? Thank you again and if I find any information along that line I will let you know.

Brooks: Lorinda

Posted: 23 Oct 1999 2:38PM GMT
Are you sure there was a name change or was he the father? Can't seem to find any one who can shed any light on this

Re: Brooks-Rousseau

egodfrey (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2001 3:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Read your message, and alto I am not aware of the whole story, I am guessing you are looking for a Rousseau who came from Canada and changed his name to Brooks. Right? If this is the case, try the state of Vermnt Rousseau/Brooks web sites. Because my maiden name was Rousseau and my husbands family contains Brooks, I read all the sites. Seems a Rousseau came to VT and changed his name to Brooks. You might find your missing link there.
Happy Hunting.
E Rousseau Godfrey

Re: "Brooks"

egodfrey (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2001 3:32PM GMT
Reading your Rousseau/Brooks site, I have a suggestion. Check out the Vermont Brooks/Rousseau web sites. My maiden name was Rousseau and my husband has Brooks in it so I read all sites. Found a couple in Vt who seem to be on the same track as your quest.
Happy Hunting.
e Rousseau Godfrey

Phil Brooks (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 2001 3:39AM GMT
I am also a Brooks-Rouisseau. My Grandfather was Hubert Rousseau born in St Germaine Quebec in 1863.
His father was Lois Rousseau married to Marie Luce Huard.
He or he and his father moved to North Dakota where my father was born in 1901.
Hubert was married to Marie Gregoire fron St Marie de Beauce.

Posted: 10 Mar 2002 3:09AM GMT
Edited: 11 Feb 2005 11:06PM GMT
Surnames: Brooks, Rousseau, Alain, Labrecque
Would you happen to know the addy of that Vermont Brooks/Rousseau board.

I am looking for a Henry F. Brooks/Rousseau from Quebec who married a Juliene Jeanbart from St. Hyacinthe circa 1869.

He was a stonecutter and they settled in Westerly, RI but may have been in Maine and Vermont for a time.

Believe his mother to be Julia Allen (Alain) who married second time to Frederic Labrecque. Could be that first spouse was one Pierre Rousseau. If so can trace but need marriage date and place for Henry and Juliene.

Thanks.

Libby (elizam55@bellsouth.net)

Posted: 22 Jan 2005 7:23PM GMT
Surnames: brooks, sutton,moore
My wifes family came from Canada her Grandpa was born 1899 Edward l Brooks. Rousseau name came up a lot moved to MI from NY? PA? VA? married Bertha Sutton

Re: "Brooks"

Posted: 4 Apr 2010 11:15PM GMT
I'm looking for any possible connections with the Brooks/Rousseau family names. My father is Warren Brooks, born in Blue Sky Alberta and my grandfather is Otto Brooks. My father's first cousin was Hubert Brooks who served in the RCAF during the Second World War and later won a gold medal as a member of the RCAF Flyers during the 1948 olympics. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic