Search for content in message boards

NC Tuttle Family

NC Tuttle Family

Posted: 11 May 2002 1:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tuttle, Sexton, Whitt, Everhart, Long, Sink
I am just starting my search for my father's side of the family. If anyone has any information, please share. I will share whatever information I can. Thank you.

Terry Wayne Tuttle (my father) DOB 09/17/1946 in Winston-Salem, NC - Married Reta Carol Whitt 06/07/1969. Two children - Nikki Dawn Tuttle (married Scott Hartman 06/20/1998) and Jason Dean Tuttle.

James David Tuttle (my grandfather) DOB 06/15/1923? (unsure of year) in NC, died 03/27/1986 in Winston-Salem, NC. Married Pauline Cecil Everhart. Had four children: Terry Wayne Tuttle, Paula Kay Tuttle Gage, James David Tuttle Jr., and Alecia Ann Tuttle Dorn.

Troy Watkins Tuttle - DOB 03/06/1896, died 08/1969. Married Eva Jane Morgan. Unsure of childrens names.

His father was James Thomas Tuttle. No more info on him at this time.

Thank you for any help that you can give.

Re: NC Tuttle Family

Posted: 13 May 2002 10:20PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 6 Aug 2003 1:48AM GMT
Surnames: Tuttle
There was a James Thomas Tuttle born 6-Jun-1873 in Stokes County, NC, who married Martha Emma YOUNG and died 3-Jul-1960 in Forsyth County, NC. He was the son of James Madison Tuttle born 27-Oct-1835, also in Stokes County, NC. Most sources do not have any information on possible children, but you might be able to check other information you have. His ancestry goes back to Peter Tuttle born c1660 in England and transported to Maryland in 1680. Go to the Latter Day Saints Family Search ( http://www.familysearch.org ) and search for James Tuttle born 1873 in NC.

Nikki Hartman (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 2002 2:20AM GMT
Surnames: Tuttle, Whitt, Sexton, Everhart, Hartman, Cameron, Long, and Sink
Thank you very much for your assistance. I think that you had the missing link. I am going to my local office and trying to get birth certificates to finalize the connection but I think that you found it. Thank you again.

Nikki

Posted: 17 Jul 2002 9:46AM GMT
Edited: 29 Aug 2002 2:28AM GMT
James Thomas Tuttle(Jim Tom) and Martha Emma Young had ten Children,Roy Clady,Troy Watkins,Macy Mary Lee,Reba Elizabeth,Gorell Calvin,Vallie Elmyra,Gurnie Bynum,Merlie James,Lemer Edgar and Hattie Mozelle.

Was Troy Watkins Tuttle your Great Grandfather and James Thomas Tuttle your Great,Great Grandfather?

Posted: 17 Jul 2002 1:23PM GMT
Surnames: Tuttle
Yes, Troy Watkins was my great-grandfather. Thank you for filling in the blanks on the other children's names. My father and I went to the gravesites but unfortunatly middle names were not listed on most of them.

I have some information on who I believe to be the parents of James Madison (James Thomas' father) and his lineage (also Mary Ann Hampton's (his mother) family. If you can use any of this information, I will be very glad to send it to you.

Again, thank you very much for this information. If I can help you with any information, please e-mail me.

Nikki
nhartman@triad.rr.com

Ralph G. Tuttle Sr. (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2002 5:01PM GMT
This is the order of the line that you are working on,
Peter Tuttle Sr. and Elizabeth Unknown
Peter Tuttle Jr. and Mary Unknown
Thomas Tuttle and Elizabeth Unknown
John Tuttle and Anna Maria Barbara Frey
Elijah tuttle and Mary Jane Eason
James Madison Tuttle and Mary Ann Hampton
(All the above are my Grandparents)
James Thomas Tuttle(Jim Tom)Tuttle and Martha Emma Young
Troy Watkins and Eva Jane Morgan
James David Tuttle and Pauline Cecil Everhart
Terry Wayne tuttle and Reta Carol Whitt
My Tuttle line branches off at James Madison Tuttle,My Great,Great Grand Father Elijah L. Tuttle was the Son of James Madison and Mary Ann Hampton and the brother of James Thomas Tuttle (Jim Tom) .
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions