Search for content in message boards

Amelia Graham death

Amelia Graham death

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 12:29AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: GRAHAM and KEANE/KEENE/KANE
I am looking for the date of death of Amelia Graham, nee Keane, Kane or Keen, born between 1840 and 1845, who was the wife of a John or Joseph Graham (born in Ireland about 1819). At the time she died they lived in Milwaukee and had 2 children, William (b. 1872) and Maud Agnes (b. 1880). I found an online record for 21 Dec 1892, but am not certain it is her as there were 2 Amelia Grahams in Milwaukee at the time and I can't find any further information online. Thank you for reading.

Re: Amelia Graham death

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 7:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
There is a brief mention of the death of Amelia Graham in the Milwaukee Journal, Wednesday, December 21, 1892:

Mrs. Amelia Graham, aged 52 years, died this morning. The funeral will take place at 60 Jackson Street Friday at 8:30 am.

The age fits the range you gave; is the address familiar?

I got this through the 19th Century Newspapers database which is accessible through a (premium) subscription to Godfery.org.

Hope this is your Amelia!

Lynn

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 7:37PM GMT

Ah-ha! Found another one...

Milwaukee Journal, Decmeber 21 and 22, 1892:

DIED
GRAHAM - Dec. 21, 1892, Amelia, beloved wife of Joseph Graham, aged 52 years. Funeral from the residence, 60 Jackson St., on Friday morning at 8:30 o'clock. Interment at Calvary.

Calvary is a Catholic cemetery. Their interment lists are available on-line at http://www.cemeteries.org/genealogy.asp
This Amelia is viewable there as Amalia.

The death notice came from Godfrey.org, same as the other one.

Lynn

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 8:28PM GMT
Thanks so much!
Now I know this must be her.
Just one more step in trying to trace where she was born ("somewhere in Ireland".... aaargh).
It's also good to know about these resources. At this time a paid subscription would not be possible, but when I collect all the questions I need to look up, into an organised system, it will pay to get a subscription.

I appreciate this very much.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions