Search for content in message boards

google chrome and ancestry

google chrome and ancestry

Posted: 19 Feb 2012 4:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
ok I have been able to open my FTM on stand alone computer with no issues but have been unable to sync..so, I restored to an earlier date on stand alone comp, now it would not let me open ancestry from main window in my FTM ancestry dashboard. said there was some file missing, so I tried to uninstall google chrome so I could reinstall and it would not let me do this function. So I made firefox my main browser and now I can access ancestry from my FTM program. so I opened up ancestry.com from the dashboard no problem. However, when I tried to open up the tree I wanted to work on I get this message, "can not open Crosby-erickson tree, ancestry is updating" I have never seen this before... has anyone else?

Re: google chrome and ancestry

Posted: 19 Feb 2012 4:01AM GMT
Family Tree Maker is Updating This Tree

The tree "Crosby and Erickson" is unavailable while it is being updated by Family Tree Maker. Other trees may be available while this is happening. Cancel Update

Posted: 19 Feb 2012 4:30AM GMT
This sometimes happens when a sync fails to complete, especially if it fails early in the process. Cancel the update from ancestry and try again.

Posted: 19 Feb 2012 4:36AM GMT
ok thanks I will try that it is so strange never seen this when I have tried to access my tree on the ancestry.com site and I always sync on the FTM program
per page

Find a board about a specific topic