Search for content in message boards

Angus Malcolm McDonald/Mary Kennedy

Angus Malcolm McDonald/Mary Kennedy

Posted: 29 May 2002 9:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Jun 2006 4:17PM GMT
Surnames: McDonald/Kennedy
I'm trying to trace when, where and how my grandfather, Malcolm Henry McDonald, died and where he is buried. Born in 1881, he married Edith Kelty in Hailebury in 1912. They lived in North Bay and had two daughters, Helen (my mother) and Mabel. After serving overseas in WW1, Malcolm returned to Canada and died soon after, probably in 1919 or 1920.

His parents were ANGUS MALCOLM McDONALD (blacksmith, of Alexandria, b. 1845) and MARY KENNEDY (b. 1845, daughter of Duncan Kennedy - Lot 31, 8th concession, Lochiel) and Jane McDonell/McDonald). Angus and Mary had 7 children, including Malcolm Henry. His siblings were: Donald Alexander (b. 1872),
Mary Jane (b. 1874, d. 1874), Julia Margaret McDonald (b. 1882, married John James Morris of Lochiel),
John J.J. McDonald (b. 1877), Angus Alex McDonald (b. 1879) and Mary Jane A. McDonald (b. 1875).

I'm hoping to hear from descendants of any of these siblings of Malcolm Henry. Perhaps you have information about him, or even pictures.

Any information will be much appreciated.

Re: Angus Malcolm McDonald/Mary Kennedy

jldeschamps@home.com (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2002 11:43AM GMT
Is this the family of Duncan McDonald who owned McDonald's Electric in Maxville? He was married to Martine Guindon.

cindylou (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 2005 3:49PM GMT
Julia Mcdonald had a brother named George McDonald born 1887 in Apple Hill, who lived in Kirkland lake ontario and died in 1969. He was married to my great grandmother Eva Riddler. hope this helps

Donna Devine (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 2005 4:23PM GMT
CindyLou, thank you for your post.

Is this George McDonald definitely the brother of Julia MacDonald and the brother of Malcolm Henry McDonald (b. 1881), my grandfather?

I know nothing at all about Malcolm Henry McDonald's siblings.

If George is Malcolm Henry's brother, he would have been my great-uncle. Interesting is that my family also lived in Kirkland Lake, till about 1954.

Donna

cindylou (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 2005 4:43PM GMT
Hello,
Yes this is the right family. As it lists on George's death notice that his sister was Julia, Mrs. J. Morris of Alexandria Ontario. George was born in Apple Hill. I knew no other family members of his. I believe my great grandmother Eva Riddler was his 2nd wife. Hope this helps Cindy-Lou

Posted: 12 Dec 2005 4:59PM GMT
This is interesting, CindyLou.

But how sad that my mother and I never knew her uncle was living in Kirkland Lake at the same time that we were.

I'm not yet sure what to do with the new information you've given me. Would you happen to have any material (e.g., photos, papers) that belonged to your greatgrandmother?
Perhaps there's a reference to George McDonald's siblings. I'd love, for instance, to have a photo of my grandfather, Malcolm Henry, or indeed a photo of any of his brothers/sisters.

Donna

cindylou (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 2005 11:50PM GMT
Hi Donna, I do not have a picture of George. But he worked at the bank in Kirkland Lake and he only had one leg... I cannot remember why accident? I remember him as a child when we would go and visit we lived in Timmins. My greatgrandmother Eva and George left me their Buffett and Dining Room Table and chairs . I still have it. When Eva died in the 70's her daughter My grandmother said Eva told her to give the set to me and she did. Are there any Barr's in your family???? From Kirkland Lake. The reason I ask is when this family and others came from Kirkland lake to Timmins my grandmother would visit them. Some kind of relatives. I will see what I can find out. I know that Eva and George did not have any children toghther. Hope this helps. Cindy-Lou

Posted: 13 Dec 2005 8:01AM GMT
Surnames: McDonald
Hi CindyLou.
No, there were no Barrs in the family. In any case, my mother knew next to nothing about her dad's family. Her father, Malcolm McDonald, died at age 39 in 1920, a few months after returning from WWI. Her mother (Edith Kelty) remarried a couple of months afterwards, and any reference to her first husband was forbidden. Hence my mother had no real famiy connections on her father's side. A great pity, as there were a number of interesting people in that McDonald lineage.
They contributed a great deal to building up the Glengarry area.

If you're able to find anything further about George and/or his siblings, I'd be extremely grateful.

Thanks again.

Donna

Paul Luscombe (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2006 12:43AM GMT
Hi and good evening.

I have an interest in Angus Malcolm MacDonald and Mary Kennedy.

Possibly you can help on descendants.

Julia Margaret 1882 married John James Morris. Julia is a relative of a sister in law of my wife.
John James Joseph married a third cousin twice removed of my wife Iona. They had no children so that ends that part of the line.

Have a good evening.

Paul.

Paul Luscombe (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2006 12:45AM GMT
Hi and good evening.

I have an interest in Angus Malcolm MacDonald and Mary Kennedy.

Possibly you can help on descendants.

Julia Margaret 1882 married John James Morris. Julia is a relative of a sister in law of my wife.
John James Joseph married a third cousin twice removed of my wife Iona. They had no children so that ends that part of the line.

Have a good evening.

Paul.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions