Search for content in message boards

Pearce Cemetery - Prattville, AL

Pearce Cemetery - Prattville, AL

Posted: 8 Sep 2002 5:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Mar 2004 4:05PM GMT
Does anyone know if the Pearce Cemetery located somewhere in or around Prattville, AL has been inventoried and transcribed? Also, does anyone know the exact location of this cemetery? Thanks!

Re: Pearce Cemetery - Prattville, AL

Paul Muller (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 2003 8:40PM GMT
Surnames: Pearce, Motley, Jackson, Long, Wilson, Hagerty, Cooper
My wife and I found the cemetery in the summer of 2000...we could only locate two markers, which were covered by brush, leaves, fallen trees, etc. I'd have to look at a map to refresh my memory, but I recall that it is now in the possession of the Thompson family.

Lindsay Long (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2004 10:10PM GMT
Surnames: Pearce
I have the directions at home and will send them with the genealogy. I haven't been to the cemetery, but have these directions from others.

Lindsay

Lindsay Long (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2004 10:12PM GMT
I'm a descendent of Stephen Harris Pearce, who is buried in that cemetery and would love any information, picture, or directions that you could provide.

Thanks,

Lindsay

Posted: 1 Jul 2012 3:45PM GMT
Please send me the information on how we can locate my 4th great grandfathers grave. Thanks Joel Pearce

Posted: 11 Nov 2012 3:37AM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Pearce, Padgett
I believe this is my families cemetery. My grandpa John Pearce use to visit the cemetery with his sisters Elizabeth, and Milly. Their parents my great grandparents are burried there. I'm not sure though. The family was very broken due to hurt feelings, arguments etc. I never have met a lot if my cousin because of it, so I'm not sure. Do the names I mentioned sound famiar?

Posted: 1 Jul 2013 3:43PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: PEARCE
Mr. Paul Muller is correct. The location is on our families land. I am a Thompson but my grandfather was a Wadsworth and the land has been in our family for a long time. I would be glad to help anyone find it but it is not in good condition at all (as Paul can attest). Only three or four markers and only three (I think) with any inscriptions. It is overgrown with thick vegetation. Winter is the best time to go but I will take anyone who wants too anytime. I cleaned it up shortly after Paul was there in 2001 but had three back surgeries later that year and it has since grown back up. I have the lat/long coordinates but I would prefer not to post them on the board. I would be glad to send those to whoever needs them.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions