Search for content in message boards

Hanley, Burke, Fitzgerald, O'Neill

Hanley, Burke, Fitzgerald, O'Neill

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 10:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Bansha was listed as home, marriages between Hanley, Burke and Fitgerald. Emigrated @1855 Michael Hanley & Ellen Burke lived first in New Orleans, LA and later in St. Louis, MO Margaret Burke and James Fitzgerald lived in New York? then Boston. Church records burned in fire Bansha
Mary

Re: Hanley, Burke, Fitzgerald, O'Neill

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 2:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
If you have checked the records for Bansha then there is almost no way you will be able to find to access birth records.

I would look for gravestone inscriptions. There is a gravestone index on www.from-ireland.ie but not sure what you might find there. Often local museum and heritage groups
collect inscriptions and put them in journal form. There is also a UK firm who charge for their records collected in 1888 and Bansha is one of the graveyards listed.
As this is a commercial entity you will need to contact me, as rootsweb/ancestry do not allow the websites of anything that is not FREE it is a membership firm but you can get a short membership and they do have a monthly membership but it is expensive.
I would try other alternative first and then if desparate for information try that.

There are Church of Ireland marriages from Bansha available from 1845-1864. I could look these up for you as I have them on CD.

In 1852 Griffith Valuation took place in
Tipperary, a tax on land:

www.failteromhat.com look for matching Parish's of the names you mention then proceed to a more detailed valuation
www.askaboutireland.ie

Tithe Applotments 1820-1839 tax on land:
www.genealogy.nationalarchives.ie
only gives Townland and Parish.

Annette Code
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions