Search for content in message boards

1860 Census Lookup -- Anderson Trull

1860 Census Lookup -- Anderson Trull

Posted: 12 Nov 2002 4:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Feb 2003 10:45PM GMT
Surnames: Trull
If anyone reading this has access to the 1860 census for Cherokee Co., AL, I would very much appreciate your checking it to see whether and Anderson Trull, b. c1845 in NC, is listed. Did ANY Trull appear on this census?

Anderson was my 2X great grandfather. His full name was William Anderson Trull, but he went by his middle name. Family tips have placed him and his family in Alabama in the late 1850s (his father-in-law moved to Winston Co., AL and died there in 1864). Since he wasn't present in the NC 1860 census, I'm following the Alabama lead.

Thank you in advance!

Re: 1860 Census Lookup -- Anderson Trull

Joan Spann Williams (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2002 3:39PM GMT
There are no Trulls listed in the 1860 Cherokee County census. The 1860 index for the State of Alabama lists the following in Fayette County, AL: Elizabeth Trull, Griffin Trull, Griffin Trull (different listing), Jacob Trull and W.J. Trull; in Marengo County Jackson J. Trull.

Posted: 15 Nov 2002 2:04PM GMT
Edited: 23 Feb 2003 10:45PM GMT
Thanks, Joan,

People on this board are really wonderful! Two replied to me personally a few hours after I posted this. I had seen the Trull's in Fayette Co., AL during the short time I subscribed to Ancestry.com (census dept.). They are from another Trull in the same NC county where my 3X great grandfather Trull was born. They also lived in Henderson Co., NC before going to Alabama -- also where my Trull's and my 3X great grandfather, Alexander England, lived. Alexander moved to Winston Co., AL in 1859. This all causes me to believe even MORE strongly that those Trull's were closely related to mine.

The Jackson J. Trull in Marengo Co. has my curiosity. What was his age on the census? Fayette & Marengo counties are neighbors to Winston.

Thank you so much!

Karen

Posted: 31 Mar 2004 1:26AM GMT
Edited: 20 May 2004 10:45PM GMT

Posted: 31 Aug 2004 5:04PM GMT
I am also a descendant of Absolom. My GGrandfather was Branch HM Trull; my Grandmother was Miram Eda Trull, the fifth child of Branch and Miriam M. (Killian) Trull.

Dennis Jackson (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 2004 8:03PM GMT
Surnames: TRULL/GURLEY/KILLIAN/HOWELL
Hi Jacqueline! Nice to hear from you. I have most of the info on Branch and his wife Miriam Killian who were married 24 Apr 1856 in Henderson Co. NC. There daughter Mary Edna, born about 1864, married William P. Howell on 21 Dec 1884 in Haywood Co. I would enjoy receiving William and Mary's death dates and location of there deaths. I have nothing on their children.

Jacqueline, I have never found confirmation that Branch was a natural son of Absolom, but informed that he was born to someone other than Absolom, and later raised by Absolom and his wife. I just don't really know.

I have done research on Absolom's wife Sara Gurley and her father Isham (aka Isom) and his parents "William & Mary Gurley" from Anson Co., NC. I will be happy to share.
GOD BLESS.
Dennis Jackson

Posted: 8 Sep 2004 12:04AM GMT
Surnames: Trull, English, Hooper
Hi, I would like to list the names and dates that I have and see if you know the ones I'm referring to, starting with my GGrandfather. If you have any further information I'd sure appreciate it, as this is all I have, I'm just getting started. My GGrandfather was William A. Trull--b. 7 feb 1845 d. 22 nov 1917. married 6 Jan 1866 to Mary M. Hooper b. 20 Dec 1849 d. 4 March 1910. His Father was William Anderson Trull b. 1823 NC. Married to Mary English b. 1824 NC. three children, Martha, William A., Mary. Thats all I have, and it was written by relatives. The missing dates I don't have. Thanks

Dennis Jackson (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2004 2:52AM GMT
Surnames: TRULL/GURLEY/ENGLAND/HISE
Hi Pat! Yes I have the information you want, and you are correct in that which you do have. William Anderson Trull, b: 1823 in NC, Marr: abt. 1841in NC. to Mary England. The children that I have them with are: Martha, b: abt.1842, Wm. A., b: abt. 1845, Mary E., b: abt. 1848, Jefferson Davis Trull, b:?, & Lawrence Clingman Trull, b: 1854, & married Jenny Hise.
Williams father was Absolom Trull, b: bet.1780-1790. In the 1860 census of Henderson Co., NC. he & wife Sara Gurley Trull are living with their son Benjamin A. Trull, and both are age-70. Since he was not in the 1870 census, presume he died between 1860-1870. Sara was living with her son Ben. A. in the 1880 census of Haywood Co., age-91.

I have nothing more on Absolom, but have tried to make a connection without success. I have more on their decendants & Sara's ancestry. Contact me direct at email: dendel@pe.net.

Dennis

Posted: 3 Jul 2005 4:34PM GMT
Edited: 14 Dec 2005 4:10PM GMT
My email now changed to darlib@verizon.net

Am interested in learning more about Absolom Trull's family. My ancestor Branch H M Trull who is thought to have been raised by Absolom.

Posted: 8 Jul 2005 9:26PM GMT
Edited: 14 Dec 2005 4:10PM GMT
My email now changed to darlib@verizon.net

Am interested in learning more about Absolom Trull's family. My ancestor Branch H M Trull who is thought to have been raised by Absolom. I have more info about the family.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions