Search for content in message boards

MIDDLETON & JONES

MIDDLETON & JONES

gene cloud (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jones, Burkhart, Gilbert, Cloud, Middleton, Chadwell
I have finally gotten from a cousin in Evarts a hardcopy of much material on the Middleton and Jones of Harlan County. Also some [not much] information on the surnames Gilbert, Forrester, and Wynn. E-mail me if you are looking for information on these families, particulary Jones and Middletons and we can share our research.

BurkHart,Sperlock, ect...

Belva F. Hall (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hall, BurkHart, Sperlock, Barrett, Crawford, woodyard
I have been searching for my husbands grand father Daniel Hall md nancey jane ? and a Mrs. Pace He had a brother that had a son by the name of KiKe HaLL . In asking my father InLaw about the family He mentioned the SperLock name and I know his step mom was a Burkhart . E-mail me back if you think I can help you or if you can help me . MSBEA1

gilbert

katherine gilbert miller (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: gilbert
any information on the gilbert line in your book would be helpful. i think my father was born in whitesbur, his name was ernest clay gilbert,his father was berry gilbert, his father was kenis gilbert, his father was jackson gilbert, and i think that his father was thomas gilbert. if you could help in any way i would appreciate it. thank you

Re: MIDDLETON & JONES

Posted: 23 Nov 2002 11:03PM GMT
Surnames: Jones
My great grandfather is Marion Jones, he moved up there after divorcing my great grandmother, He got remarried and had a son, who we believed is named Marion Levi Jones... If you know anything about this it would be greatly appreciated...

Jennifer Byrge

Posted: 23 Nov 2002 11:05PM GMT
Surnames: Jones
My g grandfather is Marion Jones, after he divorce my g grandmother, he moved up to Harlan co. KY and got remarried and had him a son, we believed his name is Marion Levi Jones.. Marion died in 1977 and was buried in Evarts Cemetary... If you have any information on this it would be greatly appreciated...

Jennifer Byrge

Posted: 6 Jan 2003 1:46AM GMT
Edited: 11 Feb 2003 3:04AM GMT
Surnames: christian

Yes, I would like to; get some of the material you
mentioned, re: MIDDLETION'S and JONES, I am
from Evarts, Kentucky, Left in 1949 for the army.

res0yhwx@verizon.net

sue wilson sexton price (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 2003 9:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 Feb 2004 6:34AM GMT
Surnames: sexton bennet
i am searching for any info on polloy ann browing who married a middleton from evarts ky they had a daughter hazel sexton who is my mother edith middleton sexton houston died in 1969 and is buried in highland cemetary ft mitchell k er sister were narcissa middleton who married a jones after his death she married abe bennetthis is tne connection to the jones had jeanette pearl and bill be nnet who suppose to be a ja i tor at evarts ky she also had olin jones who lives in harlan polly ann was a browing before she marries a middleton i think is nam,e is bill middleton please help me i have no picture no one will give any info do to like of caring

Posted: 12 Oct 2003 10:51PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2006 11:08PM GMT
Hello,

I am not directly related to your family. It was a bit difficult for me to fully understand everything you are saying in your query due to lack of punctuation but I think I have figured out a few things that will help you. Perhaps with this information you will be able to learn more.

I will begin with the latest census available which is the 1930 Harlan Co. and work backwards:

1930 Harlan Co. Fed. Census
Dist #9 - Frozen Prec.
Dwelling 115-122
MIDDLETON, William, 57, mar. at 20 yrs, b. KY
. .Polly Ann, wife, 56, mar. at 19 yrs, b. KY
SEXTON, Edith, dau, 25, mar. at 19 yrs, b. KY
. .Hazel, "says grandaughter - not dau., age 6, b. KY * *
. .Mable, granddau, 4 yrs, 0 mos', b. KY
. . Elmo??, grandson, 2 yrs, 2 mos, b. KY

If I have understand you correctly that Hazel SEXTON was your mother, then it appears to me that Edith was a MIDDLETON and the dau. of William and Polly Ann BROWNING MIDDLETON.

From the KY Birth Index, there is also this sibling who was not yet born at the time of the 1930 Harlan Co.

SEXTON, John M. b. 8-22-1930, Vol. 075, Cert 37076, maiden name of mother: Edith MIDDLETON

Going backwards to the 1920, this same family looked as follows:

Dwelling 198-198
MIDDLETON, William, 45, b. kY; parents b. KY - miner
. .Polly, wife, 45, b. KY; parents b. KY
. .Emma, dau, 25, b. KY
. .Marsis, dau, 19, b. KY (assume this is Narcissus)
. .Edith, dau, 15, b. KY
. .Pearl, son, 13, b. KY
. .Hester, dau, 10, b. KY
. .Earl, son, 9 mo's, b. KY

Going backwards to 1910:

1910 Harlan Co.
Yocum's Creek, District #2
Dwelling 43-43
MIDDLETON, William T., 38, mar. 1, mar. 18 yrs, b. KY; parents b. KY
. .Polly Ann, wife, 37, mar. 1, mar. 18 yrs, 8 born; 5 living, b. KY; parents b. KY
. .Emily J., dau, 16, single, b. KY
. .Narcissus, dau, 9, b. KY
. .Edith, dau, 5, b. KY
. .Pearl, son, 3, b. KY
. .Margaret H., dau, 3 mo's, b. KY

1900 Harlan Co.
Dwelling 943-945
MIDDLETON, N. M., age 26, b. Jan. 1873
. .Polly A., 24, b. Nov 1875
. .Emily J., 6, b. June 1893

NOTE: I do not know why the initials N. M. are used. They are living next dwelling to:

Dwelling 946-952
MIDDLETON, Robby, 34, b. May 1866, (s/o William T. and Narcissus HOWARD MIDDLETON)
. .Elizabeth, 24, b. Jan. 1875 (d/o Wilson and Ingabo NOE BROWNING)
. .Wilson, 7, b. Jan 1892
. .Margie, 4, b. Oct 1895
. .Jacob, 4, b. Feb. 1897
. .James, 1, b. Sept 1898
. .Belva, b. Feb. 1900

I do hope you will be able to use this information to connect your family back further. I can tell you that as of the 1880 Harlan Co. there are NO Polly Ann BROWNINGS showing up.
There are however, more than one Mary BROWNINGS and Mary and Polly are often used interchangeably so my guess is that your Polly Ann is one of the Mary's shown. I just don't know which one because they are close in ages and the ages are rarely ever exactly correct.

Joyce Taylor Collins
La Palma, CA

Janette Nolan (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 2003 11:11PM GMT
Polly Ann Browning was the d/o Wilson and Ingabo (Noe) Browning. She married William Middleton in 1892 (8-156).--Janette

Re: BurkHart,Sperlock, ect...

Posted: 8 Jan 2004 10:08PM GMT
I have a Daniel, hunter, merlin,curtis Hall in my family who are connected to Molly Burkhart, if I can help let me know
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions