Search for content in message boards

Maxwell in Brazil

Maxwell in Brazil

Posted: 5 Oct 2000 5:54PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 12:10PM GMT
Looking for info on my 4great g-father, Joseph Maxwell.(1774-1852).scotsman who settled in Brazil. Married-(?)--Merven..Also on His son, Jose Maxwell (1814-1857)married Maria Angelica daSilva Valente. Their daughter, Anna Louisa married John Carrere in 1857 in Brazil. Was he a coffee broker?

Re: Maxwell in Brazil

Posted: 7 Nov 2005 7:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Have info on your Joseph Maxwell. He was born in Gibraltar, married Rosa Maria De Souza. So far think children are Anna, Jose, Amalia, Isabella. Josephs father was Manoel Maxwell and was married to Katharina (???sp).

Pati de Wardener (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2006 8:41PM GMT
Surnames: Maxwell, Jones
More on Joseph Maxwell married to Rosa Maria de Souza He was born Gibraltar, father was Emmanuel (Manoel) born in Ireland. One of Josephs daughters, Amalia, was born in Stroud Parish, Glouscestershire England, but married a Rudge in Brazil they had quite a few children. A lot of this info is on "One Great Family", but have found some other sites that are in Portugese that have added bits and pieces.
I'm looking for connection to Isabel/Isabelle Maxwell who married William Francis Jones (died before 1870) Wm's brother John (of Tarrytown, NY) Contested Wm's will. This is documented in legal notices of "The Brooklyn Eagle" Isabel/Isabelle is my husbands g or gggrandmother. His Paternal grandmother was Gabrielle Saportas, daughter of Edouard Saportas of Antwerp then NY. Edouard Sr. or Jr. handled some sort of financial goings on with Thomas Edison.

Know the Maxwell connection is in there somewhere, it sure doesn't help that a lot of female children in Brazil had the prename Maria which was listed as Mary if they came to the States. Case in point is the Baltimore census which lists Jose Maxwell as having 2 daughters of different ages named Mary. Any info on the travels and marriages of the Brazil Maxwells would be appreciated

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 5:55AM GMT
Hi there,
I just signed up for ancestroy.com tonight.
I have a book about our family which includes my grandmother Aninha Maxwell Jones. I would love to connect.
Aninha Livingston
per page

Find a board about a specific topic