Search for content in message boards

Lee-Ward connections in patrick county virginia

Lee-Ward connections in patrick county virginia

Posted: 2 Sep 2009 7:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm looking for information about rowland v. lee, who married kiziah brammer, we don't know who his parents were exactly, I've found his parents to be john lee sr, and sarah ward, I"ve also seen his parents as john lee sr, and sarah jane brazil, looking for any information concerning this family.

Re: Lee-Ward connections in patrick county virginia

Posted: 12 Sep 2009 6:51PM GMT
The family mention isn't in my line but I did find some info on genforum pages. It's an old posting but maybe you can get some info from this link...good luck. Hank

http://genforum.genealogy.com/cgi-bin/pageload.cgi?kiziah,br...

Posted: 3 Aug 2011 2:26AM GMT
Surnames: Lee, Brazil, Ludwell, Henry
I am also looking into this family and have faound so many conflicting trees I am more confused than ever. I have a John Lee b: 1769 married to a Sarah Frances Ward on 28 Dec 1791. I have John Lee's father as John Lee b: 1729 who was married to a Sarah Jane Brazil. In finding these, I saw Lots of trees that had the second John Lee's parents as Thomas Lee and Hannah Harrison Ludwell. Well, Thomas and Hannah are quite well documented, and their son John supposedly was born in 1729 and died the same year. Don't know what to think. I'm guessing that Thomas and Hannah do not belong, but then who does??

The first mentioned John Lee b: 1769 was the father of Elizabeth Lee b: 1794 in my tree who married James Henry. Their family had a daughter Cynthia Henry, my gg grandmother.

Have you run across any of these names in your research?? I did get a copy of the Lee/Henry line from another person, but it starts at John Lee and Frances Ward.

Any help you may be would be sooo appreciated.

Kathy Hudson
Michigan

Posted: 4 Aug 2011 4:18AM GMT
okay, here's what I know. I know we are NOT related to the famous Lees of virginia. my gggg grandfather was roland v lee, who married kiziah brammer. my brother, daniel roland lee, took a DNA test, and we know for sure we are linked to a David Lee born in essex county new jersey in 1689 (?) something like that, but we still don't know who roland v lees father was. I still can't figure out how we relate to this david lee yet, I guess he would have been a 1st or 2nd cousin to roland v lee, I'm not sure. I know that one of roland v lee's sister's married john, or edward brammer, and they had a son, John Lee Brammer, which I would think would be linked to her father, John Lee, whoever he married, sarah ward, or sarah jane brazil. so, still a lot of questions, a few answers. very frustrating to say the least. hope this helps! melissa lee

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 1:13PM GMT
I too am having the same issue with John Lee and Sarah Ward...Has anyone found the answer to this? My lineage is showing to come from Hannah Lee...child of John Lee and Sarah Ward...I'm unable to find a birth record confirming that. I figure if I can confirm that , I'll continue trying to work out which John Lee Sarah Ward was married to.

Posted: 4 Jan 2013 11:19PM GMT
Well hello distant cousins: I agree with your assements. But, then were does the Lee name connection come from?

I am named for: my uncle Richard Lee Harbert through his father Joseph A. Harbert | for his grandmother Ann Elizabeth Lee | for her father James Alexander Lee | and ou up....

I too got lost in all the other trees that tried to tie Roland (or is it RoWland?) to Thomas 1690 Lee through the improbable John 1729 Lee. Have either of you made any further progress in discovery?

Alan Lee Whiteman

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 2:50AM GMT
I am researching the same lee connection through hannah. Try searching John Lee Sr. b. 1749...what do you guys come up with?
Toni

Posted: 2 Jan 2014 2:20AM GMT
I believe my ancestor, Patience Lee who married William McBride is Roland Lee's sister. She was born about 1760 and married William McBride in about 1786 in Henry county (there is no record of their marriage but their oldest son was born in 1787). They moved to Campbell county Tennessee in 1809 and apparently Roland and Keziah Brammer McBride went with them. The reason I believe this is that on Feb 10, 1812, Roland moved to White County, Tennessee FROM CAMPBELL COUNTY TN where he bought land from his double brother-in-law, John McBride who had married Nancy Brammer. John McBride was William's brother. Because two Lees (Patience and Roland) moved with their spouses to Campbell county, I believe they are brother and sister.

From other documents I have, I believe that Roland's mother was Mary. Joseph McBride, another brother of John and William married Elizabeth Brammer. I have a copy of the wedding contract which is signed by Mary Brammer. The document asks the brothers' father, James McBride if Joseph can marry Elizabeth.

I have documents to back up most of the story above glennmorton At entouch DoT net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic