Search for content in message boards

Henry C. Gade, b. 1846

Henry C. Gade, b. 1846

Posted: 15 May 2007 3:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gade
I am looking for birth records and family/parents for Henry C. Gade. All census information says he was born in Wisconsin in 1846 - but that is all I can find. He moved to Anaheim, California before 1881 and died in Ca in 1926.

Re: Henry C. Gade, b. 1846

Posted: 24 May 2007 1:30PM GMT
I can't seem to find this guy anywhere before 1900!! Would it help to have the names of all his daughters spouces? Maybe you can find someone else researching this family.
I found on the CA Death index a Wlm. Henry Gade b. 1876 WI. Do you think it's possible that he was married before moving to CA?
Do you have a copy of his death record? 14 Jan 1926??

Posted: 24 May 2007 2:09PM GMT
Here's a possiblity....
1860 Milwaukee, WI
Garde, Johann 54 b. Mech Schwen (spell?)
----Marie 43 b. same
----Fredericka 18 same
----Heinrick 14 same
----Hennrietta 6 b. WI
----Maria 3 b. WI

1870 Milwaukee, WI
Gade, Henry 64 b. Hanover
---Elizabeth 54 b. same
---Henretta 16 WI
---Maria 13 WI
Winchman, Maria 77 b. Micklburg

WI pre 1907 marriages, Milwaukee
Hennretta Gade 1874 June 14

Posted: 24 May 2007 5:00PM GMT
I think that is it. Since I posted messages on several boards, lots of information came together at once. The only thing left to find is the 1880 census. Thanks for the quick and great help! Henriettas marriage led to her family in California and the dominoes tumbled from there. Thanks again.

Posted: 26 May 2007 3:10AM GMT
I thought since Henry (Heinrich) left WI for CA ....maybe he was somewhere in between. Here's another possiblity..
1880 Faribault, MN
Gahde, Henry 35 b. Prussia
----Louisa 22 b. WI
Rupp, Frank 43 boarder b.Baden

Posted: 26 May 2007 7:32PM GMT
Still can't find him on the 1880 census but I do know he got married in California in 1881. Thanks for all your help. Genealogists are such helpful people.

Re: Henry C. Gade, b. 1846 in the Milwaukee area?

Posted: 25 Dec 2013 11:28PM GMT
Early birth records are rare before the mid 1870s and only gradually become more common, and generally only if recorded by a doctor or licensed midwife (late or delayed birth registrations are still a small % of actual births). Try to identify a church for a baptism. The list of potential churches is fairly short for the 1840s.

These early obscure research hints may be helpful:
- There was a H. Gade in the Milwaukee area who published "lost livestock" notices in the local German language newspapers in June 1849 - might be his father?
- In 1863 a Maria Gade was looking for a Heinrich Gade in the Milwaukee area. She published notices looking for him in the local German papers. She may have been writing from Europe or may have been a Gade relative who just arrived from Europe.

"Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
Gary Rebholz, originator/compiler/editor, Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... helping family researchers collect contemporary evidence of their historic German-American culture.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic