Search for content in message boards

Jakob Eichinger/Eichlinger/Hummel

Jakob Eichinger/Eichlinger/Hummel

Diana Wells (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2003 1:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
I found thru the Ellis Island records that Anna Eichinger married Johann or Janos or John Hummel about 1900. She came about a year after her husband. They lived in Zupanje???.... she then lived with her father it says on the record, his name was Jakob Eichinger in Vuka, Hungary. I am doing this research for a friend, I do not know how to proceed with this. IF anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Jakob Eichinger
had Anna Eichinger, born 1885, died 1971
married Johann or John Hummel (1879-1940) in 1900.

Thanks so much for any help.

Re: Jakob Eichinger/Eichlinger/Hummel

JosephLaszloKupan (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2003 9:36PM GMT
Diana, I think your Anna Humel (misspeled at EllisIsland) came with 4 small children in 1913 to Johann Hummel (born in Temesvar), who came in 1910 and 1912. You have to study carefully the original ship manifests to learn the Hummel family connections (brother John, etc.) in the US. Addition to the Zupanja and Vuka records from LDS, you may want to look into the Banat Dunauswaben German records of Szakalhaza and Temesvar (both in Romania now) where Hummels and Eichingers came from.

Thomas Cline (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2003 4:29PM GMT
Surnames: HUMEL EICHINGER BUCHER
Diana,

Your Humel family came to the US to ST LOUIS. There is another HUMEL you need to be researching. look for a Wilhelm HUMEL. He came to the US in 1905. He came to visit his cousin, Friedrich Bucher. I am looking to tie Friedrich into my family tree. Everyone connected to these individuals, needs to share their research. We all seem to have bits and pieces and these families are all related.

Thomas Cline tcline88@megsinet.net

Posted: 13 Oct 2003 2:24PM GMT
I am interested in your line, but Anna Humel joined her husband John or Johannes in Berriburg WV, then they moved to Marshall County, WV. They both died there. I know Johnanes or John visited at least two times if not three before he moved here.

Here is the line as I have it so far.

John Hummel or Johannes, born 1879 Temesvar, Hungary
married Anna Eichinger, born 1885 in Hungary

Their children were:

Anna Hummel 1906- (before 1920)
Mary Hummel 1908
Stella Hummel Severin Feb. 15, 1911
John Hummel Aug. 29, 1913
Joseph Hummel August ll, 1916 -
Frank Hummel 1921
per page

Find a board about a specific topic