Search for content in message boards

Dwyer/Mulleray

Dwyer/Mulleray

Posted: 9 Mar 2013 11:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dwyer, Mulleray, McGrath, Berry
Looking for more information on the following couple. I believe they came from Tipperary, possibly around Ballysheeda.

Timothy Dwyer b. abt1842, parents John Dwyer, Bridget McGrath. Believe he had an older brother and sister. Died Warwick,Queensland, Australia 1932.

Ellen Mulleray, b. abt1829, parents John Mulleray, Ellen Berry. Died Warwick, QLD, Australia 1915.

Married before migrated to Australia about 1860. They appear to have been childless, although fostered Sarah Hogan, daughter of friends (Matthew Hogan and Mary Ann Hogan nee Hutley) who died.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Re: Dwyer/Mulleray

Posted: 10 Mar 2013 7:20PM GMT
If Timothy Dwyer was of R.C. denomination - the parish records for Ballysheeda would be in Donohill R.C. parish. these are not online can be seen on microfilm in the National Library Dublin or one would have to commission research from the Tipperary excel centre www.tfhr.org
re marriage to Ellen Mulleray- marriage usually took place in the bride's parish not neccessarily the same one.
annclare

Posted: 1 Sep 2013 1:29AM GMT
Hi
I read your message and noticed some similarities with some research that I have been doing. Thomas Tyrrell lived in Maitland, NSW; he had emigrated with his wife Esther in 1841. They had four children (Joseph, John, Thomas and Andrew) NSW Births/Deaths/Marriages lists the death of Esther in 1851 and the marriage of Thomas and Ellen Mullarney in 1852. (This is the beginning of the confusion around the spelling of her last name). Sometime later, Thomas and family moved to Warwick, Qld where he established himself as a Soap Manufacturer. Thomas was killed in a horse accident in 1867. In 1870, Ellen Tyrrell married Timothy Dwyer (as listed in Qld BDM). When she died in 1916 (Qld BDM) her parents are listed as John Mulleray and Ellen.
I wonder if this is the same person that you are researching?
Paul

Posted: 1 Sep 2013 6:25AM GMT
Hi Paul

Thanks for the reply. Yes, this is the same person. The information I have is on my Hogan/Connolly/Cuskelly tree.

If you have other information, I would love to hear - perhaps via the tree is the easiest way.

Veronica

Posted: 1 Sep 2013 6:27AM GMT
I have just re-read my original post and realised I had not updated it when I found new information.

Posted: 1 Sep 2013 6:28AM GMT
Thanks. Further research indicated Timothy and Ellen married in Australia - I was working from a newspaper obituary which was somewhat incorrect, as it turns out.
Veronica

Posted: 1 Sep 2013 8:02AM GMT
Veronica
I have info on the Tyrrells as Joseph (son of Thomas and Esther - step son of Ellen M) is my g g grandfather. My grandmother spoke to me before she died regarding the 'link up' with the Connolly family (but not specifically how). I think she called Sarah 'Sally'. I can send basic info regarding the Tyrrells if you would like.
Thanks
Paul

Posted: 1 Sep 2013 8:08AM GMT

Posted: 1 Sep 2013 2:38PM GMT
Edited: 1 Sep 2013 2:42PM GMT
Thanks Paul.
There are actually two, which complement each other to some extent:
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article82799049 - original appeared Warwick Examiner and Times and is slightly misleading.
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article105162903 - Catholic Press

I have a number of Trove articles related to Thomas and Esther on my tree, if you are interested - you may have them already.

I would be interested in anything you have. Would you contact me via the contact facility on my tree?

Veronica
Hogan/Connolly/Cuskelly tree
per page

Find a board about a specific topic