Search for content in message boards

Luther Cullins 1901-1983

Luther Cullins 1901-1983

Posted: 9 Oct 2011 4:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cullins
Looking for information on Luther Cullins. There is a Luther Cullins and Myrtia Cullins buried in the Memory Lawn Memorial Park Cemetery in Roswell, Chaves County. I am trying to determine if this is the brother of my grandmother Minta E Cullins. I have no information about his marriage or specific date of death. Any information about his marriage to Myrtia or an obit would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Luther Cullins 1901-1983

Posted: 28 Nov 2011 12:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Here you go - you know if you go to the last day of the month and look then the obit is at the front and vice versa. If I had just started at the last and worked backwards - oh well - had some others to look up today so gave this one one more look.

FRIDAY
DEC. 30,1983
ROSWELL DAILY RECORD

LUTHER CULLINS

Services are scheduled for 2 p.m. Saturday at LaGrone Funeral Chapel for Luther Cullins, 83, of 404 S. Pine Ave., who died of natural causes Thursday at St. Mary's Hospital.

The Rev. Onsy Whicker of Tabernacle Baptist Church will officiate.

Burial will be at Memory Lawn Cemetery.

Organist Odessa Boris and soloist Wilbur Longwisch will perform "How Great Thou Art" and "God Will Take Care of You."

Mr. Cullins was bon on October 3, 1900 in Navajo, Calif. to Mr. and Mrs. William Franklin Cullins, both now deceased.

He was married March 11, 1925 in Brownfield, Texas to Myrtia Williams, who preceded him in death.

A Roswell resident since 1939, Cullins worked at the Block Ranch and later owned his own farm.

After retirement, he worked at Sunset Villa for 10 years.

Survivors include four sons, Leon Cullins and Jerry Cullins, both of Roswell, Sonny Cullins of Fort Worth, Texas and Luther Cullins of Bakersfield; four daughters, Penny Werner of Hawthorne, Calif., Fay Thrasher of Santa Paula, Calif., and Joyce Sartan and Dean Daugherty, both of Roswell.

Also, two sisters, LaVerne Overcash of Fort Worth and Lorene Shaw of Lubbock, Texas; 18 grandchildren and 15 great-grandchildren.

Pallbearers will be Mike Cullins, Pat Cullins, Jacob Cullins, Jimmy Cullins, David Cullins, Sam Seely and Tommy Vaughn.

Honorary pallbearers are Stub Allen, Bob Carroll, Dr. Don Clark, James Devers, Dan Hannifin, Dr. U. S. Marshall, Pete Savage, Harold Watson and Bill Ricciardi.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions