Search for content in message boards

Obit Lookups and Cemetery Photos

Obit Lookups and Cemetery Photos

Kim Stanifer (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2005 10:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am going to be available to do obit lookups at the Bakersfiled Beale Library and also am willing to take digital photos at a few local cemeteries free of charge. I am new at this so bear with me if it takes a bit of time. But I will happily take cemtery photos at Bakersfields Greenlawn, Greenlawn Sw, Union and Hillcrest Cemeteries. My husband will help me e-mail any digital photos to whoever is interested. I can occaisonally drive to the Taft, Delano, Arvin and Lake Isabella areas if someone needs something from there. Hope to be able to help someone soon. Kim

Re: Obit Lookups and Cemetery Photos

Posted: 3 Jun 2005 12:11AM GMT
I would be interested in a photo of any headstone, if one exists for:
William Alfred HOPCRAFT b. 13 Oct 1907, Los Angeles County CA d. 28 Apr 1910, McKittrick, Kern, CA buried: 30 Apr 1920, Union Cemetery, King and Potomac Streets, Bakersfield, Kern, CA Died of pneumonia.

I know the name was badly mis-spelled on the cemetery records but I was told it had been corrected. (HOPCOFT or something like that) Thank you.

Sue Rosenhauer (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2005 2:14AM GMT
Edited: 4 Jun 2005 10:26PM GMT
Hi, Kim, I have my dad buried in Greenlawn Memorial Park, would this cemetery be different then just Greenlawn, my father George Howard Bennett was buried there, he died Sept. 9, 1966 andwas buried Sept. 13, 1966, I would love a picture of his grave marker, my dad married my mother in 1936 in Saginaw MI. I was born in Muskegon MI. they divorced when I was a baby so I have very little on him, I will always look for a picture of him, have found many living Bennetts but no one has a picture, went to a Bennett reunion in 2004 in Goderich, Ontario Canada, were having it here in Muskegon next year.Hoping to find more info on my dad to share with the family from out ofstate and from Canada.

Sue

Posted: 3 Jun 2005 10:23PM GMT
Hi Sue. Greenlawn Memorial Park is the same as Greenlawn. There are two here in town. One is newer but both are very easily accessible to me. Did your father pass away here in Kern Co ? I can try to locate an obit for him as well if you need it. I will head out Monday maybe even Sunday and look fo rhis marker ok? I am thrilled to be able to do this for you. Kim

Judy Lehman (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2005 11:10PM GMT
Kim, since you are already going that way would it be possible for you to look for a Velma Pauline Parker, b. April, 14, 1919 d. August 15, 1963 buried in the older Greenlawn Cemetery? She should be buried next to some Reed family members. Pauline was my aunt by marriage. Would love to have a picture of her headstone.

Thank you,
Judy Parker Lehman

Sue Rosenhauer (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2005 3:17AM GMT
Edited: 5 Jun 2005 9:22PM GMT
Hi Kim, yes my father did die in Bakersfield, the reason I know that is because I sent for his death record and all the info I gave you was listed on his death record, I also sent for his SS file, whole file, I want to thank you for any help you can give me. It kinda makes it nice to beable to have anything I can get of my father, I had a step dad but I always wanted to know everything I could about my dad, Never asked my mother about him, I also figured I might hert my step dad's feelings, know I wish I would of asked a little, my aunt did tell me he was nice looking and had blond hair and was a mason, brick layer, my sister took me to see a few houses he built here in Muskegon.

Sue
okla1915@aol.com

John (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2005 9:45AM GMT
Hi Kim I would greatly appreciate it if when you are going to Hillcrest and GreenLawn Memorial Park cemeteries you could keep an eye out for three of mine who I understand are buried there.
Ivor and Esther Salmon were buried in Greenlawn Memorial Park in May 1942 and Jan/Feb 1980 respectively and Henrietta Richards in buried in Hillcrest Jan/Feb 1980.

Hope you can help, many thanks for your kind offer.

John
Somerset
England

Posted: 5 Jun 2005 1:21PM GMT
Judy you got it. Ill be heading out there tommorow afternoon. Kim

Posted: 8 Jun 2005 11:16PM GMT
Hi Judy I was at the cemetery today and I took a photo of a marker for a Pauline Parker whow as born 1919 but died in 1967 instead of 1963. I asked at the office and they said the name was Velma Pauline Parker. On rootsweb site I looked up a Velma Parker and the ca death index did say 1967 so I hope I have the right one. I did not see any Reed stones next to hers but there was a Reed nearby a Vivian Reed. Ca death index states Velmas mothers name was McCurry. Do I have the right gal? Let me know if you think I have the right one and I will send it tour e-mail. Kim

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2005 11:25PM GMT
Kim, you have the right one and thank you so very much. I have never been to that cemetery, I was told she was buried next to her brother who would have been a Reed....Pauline's maiden name. I truly apprecicate what you have done.

Thank you
Judy Parker Lehman
rdljpl@earthlink.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic