Search for content in message boards

source citation not showing up in report

source citation not showing up in report

Posted: 24 Feb 2012 5:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am sourcing as many of my facts as I can. However, the new sources that I have added since upgrading my FTM software are not showing up at the end of a descendant report. The old sources that I had cited in FTM 2002 are there, though.

Please help!
Thank you!

Re: source citation not showing up in report

Posted: 24 Feb 2012 5:16AM GMT
I seem to recall this behavior happening early in FTM2011. It was a bug that was corrected by an update later in the year. Which version are you using? Is this happening for vital facts as well as "other facts"?

Posted: 24 Feb 2012 6:18AM GMT
When running the Descendant genealogy report, have you clicked on Items to Include in the RH editing box, and in the Items to Include dialog box ticked the box "include all sources"?

John D

Posted: 24 Feb 2012 11:49AM GMT
Hi: The box "include sources" is checked. I don't see a box that says "include all sources."

Thank you, Margaret

Posted: 24 Feb 2012 12:13PM GMT
Hi: I have FTM 2011. I just generated another report. What is strange is that for the facts I added last night, there are no superscript numbers and the sources are not listed. The box "include sources" is checked.

Posted: 24 Feb 2012 1:35PM GMT
This is exactly what was happening in an earlier version of FTM2011. I am pretty sure it was corrected by a later update.

Try Help > check for updates.

Or, get FTM2012.

Posted: 24 Feb 2012 1:47PM GMT
Thanks. I tried to do an update for the first time this morning and I got a message that I was not the administrator of my computer so I couldn't do updates. I need to have that looked at. Must be some kind of setting. I appreciate your advice.

Posted: 24 Feb 2012 8:23PM GMT
Being the Administrator is a Windows security function function

Right click on your FTM icon in your desktop and click on "Run as administrator". FTM will open in administrator mode where you can update.

I suggest also that you familiarise yourself with the Administator mode in Windows.

John D

Posted: 25 Feb 2012 2:53PM GMT
Edited: 25 Feb 2012 2:56PM GMT
Margaret Ask: The box "include sources" is checked. I don't see a box that says "include all sources.

This was a problem for me when I first upgraded to FTM 2012. With the your report displayed, look in the "Report Options" on the right of the screen. In the row of icons at the top of that pane, click on the far left one "Items to Include".

In the right of the "Items to Include" pane there are several check boxes to select what notes you want and the option to include all sources.

There is another parameter that is cleverly hidden in the + (Plus sign) in the top middle of the "Items to Include" pane. (It took me a couple of days to find it.)

Click the plus sign and the "Select Facts" pane pops up. At the bottom is the "Select All" button. Click button and say "OK"

All of the facts that have text will appear in that report.

Posted: 26 Feb 2012 4:47PM GMT
Thank you. I did as you suggested... right click on desktop icon, run as administrator, gave permission for application to open "yes" and application did not open.

Margaret
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions