Search for content in message boards

Grandfather's initials were J.C.

Grandfather's initials were J.C.

Posted: 13 May 2013 5:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mamie Thompson, Wendy Stigall, Susan Stigall, Ingrid Stigall, Charles Stigall
It's a sad story. My mother passed when I was almost ten years old... Wendy Ellen Stigall, and at my mother's funeral, I found out that my grandfather was not my grandfather! The man that was there at every baseball game, etc. was the father of my aunts and uncle (Susan, Ingrid, Charles). At the funeral a man walked up to me and said he was my grandfather, all I was told was that his name was JC. I assume those are initials, but not sure. From what my aunts would give me... not much, was that he used to hang at a bar called Yancy's. I remember Yancy's bar because I would go there when I was little with my grandmother (Mamie Thompson). My past is very broken and I would like to know my history. any and all information is warranted and much appreciated.

Re: Grandfather's initials were J.C.

Posted: 13 May 2013 2:47PM GMT
Edited: 13 May 2013 2:59PM GMT
Surnames: C
"It's a sad story ... any and all information is warranted and much appreciated."

If you use the "%" wildcard character in a search at www.wisconsinhistory.org you come up with 16436 potential matches for a J.C. (3243 births, 2747 deaths, 8554 marriages). In my own database I have about 500 matches for a J. C. These resources may be too early for your time frame. Unfortunately neither data base allows for searching by sex. You could go to the Milwaukee County Register of Deeds offices and search their indeces for your J. C. (one appointment per week, 4 hours only, $7 to look at any record after 1929). Their staff would be happy to help. Librarians can be very helpful for this kind of search (a relief from reference requests for current stock quotes and weather reports), or any volunteer at the area Family History Centers would be happy to help. Good luck!

Gary Rebholz
Milwaukee, Wis.

Posted: 13 May 2013 5:28PM GMT
The docs you need to obtain are:

1) The death cert of Wendy Ellen Stigall
2) The marriage record of Wendy Ellen Stigall, (if there is more than one, all of them).
3) The birth/and or bap record of Wendy Ellen Stigall, if Stigall is not her maiden name, then you need to find out what that was.

Any one of theses documents, and the more the better, should confirm her parentage, hence who "JC" was. Marriage and birth/bap records are the primary sources of data, a death cert is secondary. Similar records for her siblings might help you sort out your story.

A posting primer:

The field for "SURNAMES" is for surnames or variations of the surname included in the body of the post. You can edit your post by the clicking the edit link in the upper right of your post.

You submitted this post twice on this board, this happens on occasion, you can deleted the duplicate by going to the one without replies and hitting the delete in the upper right corner of the post

Posted: 14 May 2013 7:49AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: STILLGALL
WI DEATHS
Name: Wendy Ellen Stigall
Death Date: 12 Apr 1990
Certificate: 202207

Name: Wendy E. Stigall
SSN: 399-74-2153
Born: 28 Dec 1959
Died: Apr 1990
State (Year) SSN issued: Wisconsin (1976)

Posted: 20 May 2013 7:10AM GMT
Thank you all for the suggestions.brie those that posted about my mother. I knew her all the way until she passed when I was ten. I know her birth and death date. It is her biological father that I need info on. My real grandfather. I will go with her birth certificate, but I am thinking that the father of my aunts and uncle will be on hers too. Even though he is not her dad. JC is the name I need... I will keep looking.

Posted: 1 Sep 2013 5:43AM GMT
I am truly touch for I knew your Mother, grew up with her and sibling. I was looking for Susan and came across you. Please write me,

SAGE COMMUNITY CARE MINISTRIES
PO Box Three
Mukwonago WI 53149
Reverend L Goodwin

Posted: 1 Sep 2013 6:19AM GMT
Hello,

My Aunt lives on the east coast. Thank you for the kind words. I will talk to Susan about you. did you happen to know J.C. Papa was my grandfather, but I would like to know about the man who came to mother's funeral and told me I was his real grandson.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic