Search for content in message boards

Alfred Clark

Alfred Clark

Posted: 22 Mar 2002 10:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Feb 2004 11:49AM GMT
Surnames: Clark, Oatman
I'm looking for the parents and birthplace of Alfred Clark, who was born in New York State in 1805, and moved to Ashtabula Co., Ohio, where he married Mary Jane Oatman in 1828. Any information would be most appreciated!

Re: Alfred Clark

Posted: 1 Oct 2002 1:38PM GMT
Edited: 6 Feb 2004 11:49AM GMT
Surnames: CLARK DEWEY EMMONS OATMAN
I now suspect that Alfred's parents were Russel Clark and Mary Ann Dewey, and that Russel's parents were John Clark and Ann Emmons. John and Ann moved from Colchester, Connecticut, to Clinton, Oneida County, New York about 1790, and had children Mary, Nancy, Russel, Parsons, Huldah, Thomas, and Elizabeth. Russel and Mary Ann's children were, I think, Alfred, Harriet, George, James Madison, Clarissa, Aaron Dewey, and possibly one other son. I'm now looking for proof that these were indeed Russel and Mary Ann's children and, if so, that their son Alfred is the one who settled in Ashtabula County, Ohio, and married Mary Jane Oatman.

Posted: 21 Nov 2005 12:35AM GMT
Surnames: Clark, Stewart
Hello, I am interested in Huldah-- my GRX% grandmother was Huldah Clark, born abt 1801, married Lsaac Stewart, had 12 children in Madison County, NY, moved to and died in McHenry County ILl. Any ideas about her? Thanks, Sue

Posted: 21 Nov 2005 11:10AM GMT
Surnames: CLARK, HASTINGS
Hi, Susan,

The only Huldah Clark I have in my database was born in 1783 and married Seth Hastings. I don't know the names of any of their children. I don't know where Huldah was born; Seth was from Connecticut. At some point they settled in Clinton, Oneida County, New York.

Susan

Sue DegGennaro (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 2005 10:30PM GMT
Surnames: Clark, Stewart
Hi Susan, Thanks anyhow, maybe they are somehow related, certainly Oneida County in NY is right next door to Madison County where my Hulda Clark Stewart lived. If I ever find out I'll let you know. Thanks again-Sue
per page

Find a board about a specific topic