Search for content in message boards

Thomas L. Irvin

Thomas L. Irvin

Posted: 29 Apr 2008 3:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for decendents of Leonard Andrew Irvin. The 1900 and 1910 census shows that he had 10 children, by 2 different wives. His oldest child Thomas L. Irvin b. 1881
was my grandfather. He was married to Bertha Moncreiffe b. 1882. They both died before 1920. They left 6 orphaned children. The older 3 were in their teens, the younger 3 were adopted by different families. My father Chester Ernest Irvin is shown in the 1920 census at age 9 as being the adopted son of Jewettie Stephens. I would apperciate any help anyone can provide.

Re: Thomas L. Irvin

Posted: 29 Apr 2008 2:24PM GMT
Surnames: Irvin
Where were they living at the time of the 1900 and 1910 census?

Re: Thomas L. Irvin

Posted: 3 May 2008 4:30PM GMT
The 1900 census was for Youngs's District, Polk County, Ga. Thomas was listed as age 19 and still living with his father, Leonard and his second wife Mary. I don't know who Leonard's first wife was. In the 1910 census, Thomas was married to Bertha B. ( I think that her maiden name was Moncrieff) with 4 children. The were listed in Forney, Cherokee County, Al. My father, Ernest Chester, was born in 1911 and another brother, Hollis, in 1913. Daddy was adopted by the Stephens family. Hollis was adopted by a family named Harris. I don't know what years Thomas and Bertha died. Daddy said that his mother died first and then his father. I just know that it had to be after Hollis was born in 1913 and before the 1920 census, because daddy was listed as adopted son of Jewettie Stephens in the 1920 census.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions