Search for content in message boards

William Lewis JONES and Lillian Pearl SARGENT/JONES - Obits and marriage info please? Headstone pics

William Lewis JONES and Lillian Pearl SARGENT/JONES - Obits and marriage info please? Headstone pics

Posted: 1 Mar 2007 2:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to locate obits for William and Lillian JONES
I would like to find out marriage info also.
William
b. Oct. 1878, Mi
d. Apr. 1971, Lowell, MI
buried in Oakwood Cemetery in Lowell, MI
Lillian Pearl
b. Mar. 1884, Iowa
d. Oct. 1977, Lowell, MI
They have at least three children that I know of:
Paul A. JONES b. 1904
Mildred R. JONES b. 1908 MI.
Chester C. JONES b. Nov. 1910 MI

If there is anyone who can help me with information I will greatly appreciate it. I am not sure where else to look.
Thank you,
Cindy (o;

Re: William Lewis JONES and Lillian Pearl SARGENT/JONES - Obits and marriage info please? Headstone pics

Posted: 1 Mar 2007 4:49PM GMT
I'm not related to this family.

World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
Name: William Lewis Jones
City: Not Stated
County: Kent
State: Michigan
Birth Date: 27 Aug 1883
NOK: Pearl Jones - wife
Dated: Sept. 12, 1918

1920 -
Name: Lewis Jones
[Lawis Jones]
Home in 1920: Lowell, Kent, Michigan
Estimated birth year: abt 1884
Birthplace: Michigan
Relation to Head of House: Head
Spouse's name: Pearl
Father's Birth Place: England
Mother's Birth Place: Canada
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Sex: Male
Home owned: Own
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes

Lewis Jones 36, MI
Pearl Jones 34, Iowa
Paul Jones 15, MI
Mildred Jones 11, MI
Chester Jones 9, MI

1930 -
Name: William L Jones
Home in 1930: Lowell, Kent, Michigan
Estimated birth year: abt 1884
Birthplace: Michigan
Relation to Head of House: Head
Spouse's name: Lillian P
Race: White
Age at first marriage: 28

William L Jones 46
Lillian P Jones 45, Iowa, age at first marriage: 18
Chester E Jones 19, MI

Death record -
Michigan Deaths, 1971-1996
Name: Paul A Jones
Birth Date: 16 Nov 1904
Death Date: 20 Jul 1983
Residence: Lansing, Ingham, Michigan
Place of Death: Lansing, Ingham, Michigan

You may need to purchase death certificates.

Re: William Lewis JONES and Lillian Pearl SARGENT/JONES - Obits and marriage info please? Headstone pics

Posted: 11 Mar 2007 8:56PM GMT
Grand Rapids Press 7 April l97l Weds.
Jones, William Leiws Jones aged 88 of Lowell passed away at his home Weds. morn. He is survived by his wife Pearl 2 sons Paul of Lansing Chester of Lowell l dau Mrs. Mildred Potter of Lowell l0 grandchildren, several great grandchildren several nieces and nephews. Mr. Jones reposes at the Roth Funeral Home in Lowell where friends may meet the family Wed and Thur. eve. 7-9. Funeral services will be held Fri at 3 pm the Rev F. Ervin Hyde officiating. Internment Oakwood Cemetery.
Grand Rapids Press 21 Aug l995
Fones, Chester c. Jones aged 84 of Lowell died Aug 20, l995. He is survived by his children Darlene Gard of Wyoming Arlene and Gordon Newell, Ray and Sharon Jones, sister Mildred Stauffer all of Lowell sister in law Doris Jones 6 grandchildren 8 great grandchildren and several nieces and nephews. chester was a member of the Lowell Moose Lodge #809 where he earned his fellowship degree. funeral services will be held Weds. at l pm at Roth Gerst chapel Rev Gordon Berryy of lst UM Church of Lowell officiating. Internemt Oakwood Cem. Visitation 4-7 7-9 . Memorial contribution to Cancer Society. Helen Ringer Kent co Mich. not related

Posted: 11 Mar 2007 9:15PM GMT
Grand Rapids Press 27 Aug l986
Stauffer, Emerson of alto passed awau Aig 27. ;987 husband of Mildred. Stauffer, Emerson Staugger age 78 of 5ll5 bancroft, Lowell passed away Aug 27 l986. He is survived by his wife Mildred, stepchildren Kevin and James Porter both of Lowell Mrs. Lois Frazer of Alto, brothers Arthur, Albert, Stanley of Hastings, Robert of Grand Rapids. sisters Mrs. Clayton Mae Newland of Nashville, Mi. Mrs. Harry Hazel Brown of Grand Rapids. 8 step grandchildren. Funeral Services will be held Fri at 3 pm at the Roth Gerst chapel Mrs. Margaret H. Cobb of Alto bowne Center Meth Ch. Off. Internment in Bowne Center Cemetery. The family will meet friends Thurs. 2-4 and 7-9.

Sat aug l6 2003 Grand Rapids Press
Stauffer, Mildred R. Stauffer age 95 of Lowell passed away Aug l4, 2003. She was born Feb l8. l908 in Lowell Mi. Mrs. Stauffer was preceeded in death by her husband Elwyn Potter and Emerson Stauffer. She is survived by her children Lois Ron Heffron;Kevin Mindy Potter; Jim Potter and Mary Mendez grandchildren David Shelly Frazier, Diane Mike Everhart,Kelly James Karen Potter, Kurt Zaldokar and Melinda, Kristin Kevin Miller, Mark Potter, Stephanie Rich Robinson. l0 great grandchildren. She was an active member of the Rebeckah Lodge the Alto Garden Club and the Bowne Center UMC. Funeral services will be held Monday at l pm at the Roth Gerst Chapel 305 N Hudson Lowell Rev Dean Bailey officiating. Internment Oakwood Cem. Visitation Sat 7-9 and Sun 2-4 and 7-9. Memorial Contributions may be made to Alto Fire Dept or Bowne Center United Methodist church.
Helen Ringer Kent co Mich. I an mot related to this family. I think I made an error in my other post. Itshould rea for William Jones Mrs. Mildred Potter for his dau.
I had an obit for a Lillian Jones but I believe it is the wrong one .

Posted: 11 Mar 2007 9:34PM GMT
just looked at the newspaper index and there is an obit for Lillian pearl Jones under the name of Pearl Jones for 24 Oct l977. I will look it up the next trip I make to the library. helen ringer.

Posted: 11 Mar 2007 11:08PM GMT
Thank you very much for taking the time to look these obits up for me.
I appreciate it very much!
Cindy (o;

Posted: 25 Mar 2007 9:13PM GMT
Monday 24 Oct l977 Grand Rapids Press
Jones, Pearl Jones, aged 83 of Grand Rapids River Drive Lowell, passed away Sunday morning. She is survived by one daughter Mrs. Emerson (Mildred) Stauffr of Lowell-2 sons Paul of Lansing and Chester of Lowell ten grandchildren, 28 great grandchildren. Funeral services will be held Weds. at 2 oclock at the funeral home. Dr. Richard Greenwood officiating. Internment Oakwood Cemetery. The family will meet friends Monday 7-9 and Tuesday 2-4 and 7-9. Mrs. Jones lies in state at the Roth Gerst Funeral Home Lowell.
Helen Ringer Kent Co Mich.

Posted: 26 Mar 2007 10:25PM GMT
Thank you very much for the copy of the obit for Pearl!

I appreciate it very much.
Cindy (o:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions