Search for content in message boards

Breathitt Co., KY Mayes, Turners, Sebastians, Heralds from Turkey Creek/Houston Area

Breathitt Co., KY Mayes, Turners, Sebastians, Heralds from Turkey Creek/Houston Area

Betty Estep (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2004 7:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Nov 2008 8:05PM GMT
Surnames: Herald, Sebastian, Mayes, Turners
I am looking for information on the Turners, Mayes/Mays and Sebastians, Heralds from the area around the old Houston Mission. I am especially interested in old photos. If anyone has anything to share I would really appreciate it.
Betty Estep
restep@fuse.net

Re: Breathitt Co., KY Mayes, Turners, Sebastians, Heralds from Turkey Creek/Houston Area

Posted: 14 Nov 2004 9:25PM GMT
Edited: 16 Nov 2008 8:09PM GMT
Surnames: Turner
Betty

Betty I have a number of these families in our family tree, Heralds back to the early 1700's an Turners to the 1500's.

My great grndfather, Samuel High Tunrer's first wife was Jane Herald, most came in from NC and setled on Turners Creek and War Creek, maybe I can help, let me know

Kendall

Re: Breathitt Co., KY Mayes, Turners, Sebastians, Heralds from Turkey Creek/Houston Area

Betty Estep (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2004 2:52PM GMT
Kendall,
Please email me directly and I will send you my tree and would love to have info on yours as I have Viers and Angels also.
Thanks for helping,
Betty
restep@fuse.net

Posted: 28 Dec 2004 12:31AM GMT
Edited: 16 Nov 2008 8:11PM GMT
Surnames: Turner, Bryan, Boone
I recently discovered an old copy of my maternal grandfather's family tree. He was Charley Turner (b. 1898) of Jackson, Breathitt County, KY. Amongst the ancestor names are Turners, Mayes, Sebastians, Heralds, Bryans, & Boones, etc. The info. dates to 1689 birth of the first Roger Turner, a Quaker from Pennsylvania, who settled in Deep Creek/Turner's Creek west of Yadkin River, NC. Our descendants eventally settled in Breathitt Co., Ky. I would be happy to share information.

Betty Estep (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2004 3:56AM GMT
Surnames: Turners, Sebastian, Mayes, Herald
Would love to hear from you at restep@fuse.net.
Betty Estep

Posted: 17 Mar 2005 9:56PM GMT
Edited: 26 Mar 2006 9:50PM GMT
I have Turners and Sebastians in my family tree. Would love to share information with you.

Casey

Betty Estep (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2005 11:53PM GMT
My gt. grandparents were Elisha and Malinda Turner Sebastian. Email me directly at restep@fuse.net
Betty

Posted: 9 Jun 2005 2:08AM GMT
My family lived in Turkey creek That was where I was born. i visted the old home place a few months ago The people that live there now told me some stuff about it. At one time he said there 13 houses there,on a large farm.The old barn still stands. What a trip to go back where anyone was born and nothing looks the same. My parents names is Mynatt and Lear Haddix Hatmaker.My dad worked in the mines. Before my mom was married she worked in aHotel I think the name was Jefferson?? not for sure. I am still looking for a person named Wilmer Walk. Any information will be appreciated. Thank you...

Posted: 10 Jun 2006 12:50AM GMT
Hi

I might have some info. email me directly at jdseb@aol.com

Posted: 15 Nov 2008 9:49PM GMT
I'm looking for info on a Jane Haddox Sebastian she married Rash Sebastian. Jane was born abt. 1885. Her and Rash were from Breathitt Co. Ky. Please email me if you have any info on Jane or Rash. logibearsmommy@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions