Nina, I have the information you are looking for. The children of James Canute/Cornutt/Cornett and Sarah Basham are:
1) Reuben b. 1752 Henrico Co., Va. d. August 1824 Elk
Creek, Grayson Co., Va. buried Cornett Cemetery, Elk
Creek, Grayson Co., Va.
2) Rebecca b. 1753 Henrico Co., Va d. Aft. 1850 Marion Co.,
3) William b. 1754 Henrico Co., Va d. 09/09/1803
Montogomery Co., Va.
4) David b. 1753 Henrico Co., Va. d. 1847 Grayson Co., Va
m. 1755 Sarah Platt
5) Agatha b. Abt. 1764 Henrico Co., Va
6) John Tolliver b. Abt. 1771 Henrico Co., Va. d. in
7) James b. 1788
I think you have cousins mixed in with this family. I have lines going down from David as follows: David b. 1753 > David b. 1788 > Alfred Wesley b. August 27, 1812 > Stephen b. November 3, 1833 > Lena Bell b. September 20, 1892 > Carol Ernest Reynolds > ME
I have a family bible from Alfred Wesley and have done extensive research on these lines. I have information on 74 James Canut/Cornutt/Cornett. The reason I give all three last names is because the family was originally Canute and then changed to Cornett and part of the family also changed to Cornutt during the Civil war. My line is now Cornutt. If you check under all three spelling you will find more information. If I can be of any further assistance, please e-mail me WandaLena11@aol.com