Classification: Query
Surnames: Simons
Any information on SIMONS name in Wales

Re: SIMONS in Wales

Graham Simons (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2005 5:31PM GMT
Yes lots

My g-grandfather William SIMONS was barrister in Merthyr in C19, his s my gfather Frederick Dyke Sydney Simons a solicitor. g-g-grandfather William Vazie Simons settled in Carmarthen then Merthyr, originally from NE England. Can give lots of family tree if you want.

Posted: 8 Jun 2007 5:38PM GMT
It looks as if we may be distantly related. My grandmother was Mry Clara Louisa Simons, who married Henry Wiloiam Shand and settled in Chile. Her father was William Simons, a solicitor in Merthyr.I would love to go further back - and forwards - in the family history but am having some trouble navigating these websites. I found your poosting of October 2006 and there are a few minor errors regarding the family in Chile. Please get in touch and we can share info.

Mary Trevena

Posted: 9 Jun 2007 6:56AM GMT
Surnames: Simons
Yes indeed I am from William Simons - he was my great-grandfather. I have firm information back to his great-grandfather, Thomas Simons, and further information which takes me back to 1612, or possibly much earlier.

I have had email contact with Romina Teresa Shand and with Alfredo Ardouin, both of whom are descended from Mary Clara Louisa Simons. I would love to hear more of the Chilean connection.

I have plenty of information to share - I suggest you contact me directly.

Best wishes

Graham

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 5:44PM GMT
Hi Graham,
Jonathan here. Getting interested in the family tree in my old age. Can we make direct contact?

Posted: 27 Dec 2012 4:48PM GMT
Yes indeed! I've gathered quite a lot of information now, with some very frustrating gaps as well. Love to hear from you. All the best. Graham Email drummoyne@btinternet.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions