Search for content in message boards

Cemetery-Rosell or Chaves Co Question

Cemetery-Rosell or Chaves Co Question

Posted: 6 Feb 2012 5:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
My great aunt Mary L. Johnson Loving died in Roswell,New Mexico in 1909. They had come from Iowa due to her poor health from tb. She was buried in the Roswell area. Would anyone have an idea of which cemetery it might have been due to the year of death? I dont know if there was any obit there. I have looked where they lived in Iowa and am not finding one here. Any suugestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Re: Cemetery-Rosell or Chaves Co Question

Posted: 7 Feb 2012 1:21AM GMT
The cemetery at that time would be South Park Cemetery. There is no burial record for this person. There is a listing for a Baby Loving but no date of interment is available. Probably one of the burials done before the City of Roswell took over the former Masonic Cemetery and turned it into South Park.

There is not a listing on the New Mexico Death Index for her either. The only Loving's on the NM Death Indez are:

Martha E. - who died 2-18-1932 - 70 yrs. - Valencia County

Wm H. - 7-23-1928 - 37 yars - Grant Cty.

Jimmy - 5-101947 - agge 3

R. C. Loving - 7-21-1948 - age

Do you have any idea when she died in 1909? Who was her husband? the age she was when she died? Anything like that? Maybe we could locate some more info if we had a family name or a date.

Good luck

Re: Cemetery-Rosell or Chaves Co Question

Posted: 7 Feb 2012 1:30AM GMT
Thank you. I appreciate your efforts. Mary was born in 1878 so she would have been 30-32 years old when she died. Her husbands name was Gottfred and they had two girls with them Elvira and Elsie. I am working on a date of death. Have been told someone in her family has the bible which might have an exact date. These are people I dont know so don't know how long it will take to get any info. Thanks again!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions